Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: These games any value
Ghost 08:07 2nd July 2008
Hello all,

I have a big load of games here I really wish to get rid of; to make room, but also to make some money so I can buy other games I really would like to have.

Do any of you know if the following have any value?
I don't expect loads of cash, I am just curious.

Doom 3
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

Fable
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Area 51
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Empire Earth
Empire Earth 2

The War of the Worlds

Crimson Skies

Unreal 1 (Replay Edition)
Unreal Expansion: Return to Na Pali

Star Trek Starfleet Command 1
Star Trek Starfleet Command 2
Star Trek Starfleet Command 2: Orion Pirates
Star Trek Starfleet Command 3
Star Trek Klingon Academy

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars

Star Trek TNG: Generations
Star Trek TNG: Honor Guard
Star Trek TNG: Birth of the Federation

Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Armada 2

Half Life
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
Gunman Chronicles

Battle Island Platinum (collection)
Battle Island: Shadow of the Emperor (classic re release)

X Gold

Descent 1 & 2 The Definite Collection

Shadow Watch

Virus 2000

Starsiege

Dark Colony

Mortyr

Syndicate Wars

Total Annihilation
Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency

Atomic Bomberman

Earthworm Jim 3D

Command and Conquer Renegade

Soldiers at War

Space Hulk (re release)
Ultrabots (re release)
Wing Commander 2 Deluxe Edition (re release)
Wing Commander Academy (re release)

US Navy Fighters

Montezuma’s Return

Galaga: Destination Earth

Dominant Species

Falcon 3.0

Gunlok

The Terminator 2029 Deluxe CD Edition

Ultimate Lemmings (replay re release)
Holiday Lemmings

Battle Cruiser 3000 AD (GT select re release)

Ripley’s Believe it or not (Kixx re release)

Rage of Mages

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Quake 2

Star Wars X Wing Alliance

Take No Prisoners

X Com Interceptor

Septerra Core (no manual)

Warbreeds

Orion Burger

Heart of Darkness

Submarine Titans

Civnet
Civilization 2
Civilization 2 Scenarios: Conflicts in Civilization
Civilization 2: Fantastic Worlds
Civilization 2: Multi player
Civilization: Call to Power

Warlords 3: Darklords Rising
Prince Of Persia 3D

Deep Fighter

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed

Elite 2: Frontier

Star Trek Borg

Star Trek TNG Hidden Evil

S.T.O.R.M.
[Reply]
Tiago 13:31 2nd July 2008
Hi Ghost,
i am interested in "Syndicate Wars"
I will PM you.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:40 2nd July 2008
I think i saw ST:BOTF go for £14.99 onm ebay recently but i think that was in mint condition.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:52 2nd July 2008
One game that I instantly noticed was Star Trek Klingon Academy. This is a very rare and hard to find game. Even a few of years ago it took me some time to find a copy. That should be worth at least £25, and even as much as £40 if you get some interest.

It is quite an extensive list. Are all of the games for the PC? I had a quick scan though and most are not worth much. Around £1-5 each at most. Many can easily be found on ebay selling for £0.99p at the moment which isn't very good at all. However some are equally worth a bit more.

Also if you sell some of them in bundles. Such as the Civilization 2 games you might make more on them.

Doom 3 and expansion combined will however only be worth around £5 together.

Empire Earth games are worth a bit more. Around £5-7.

Starfleet Command 3 is quite sort after and worth around £25-30. And Birth of the Federation is also worth around the same price.

The Half Life games combined would only be worth around £5-10 at most.

I highly recommend you post them for sale on AmiBay. You should get a lot of interest in quite a few of them on there. Plus you won't need to pay any sellers fees like ebay. Just make sure you state the prices you would like for each if you do post them for sale as you can't ask for offers on there.
[Reply]
Ghost 19:32 2nd July 2008
Hello all,

Most of these games are in very fine condition and I always took very much care of them, there are some exceptions of course but I don't expect big prices for them.

Well as you said Harrison, most of these games are rather run of the mill, I want to sell them as I really need the space they now occupy, plus a little extra cash is never bad.

Yes, I will probably bundle games like Doom 3 + Expansion, the Civilization games etc, expansions are often hard to sell solo.

In general I would like to believe in the honesty of people when I ask them for a fair price but you must always keep self interest in mind, would you pay more for a game you really want if you can ask a lower price for it?

Perhaps some of you can give me some fair suggestions.

As for Amibay, sounds like a good place to start.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:39 3rd July 2008
The sad truth is that regardless of how much most games cost new, and how well you took care of them, most are worth very little second hand. Look for most of the games in your list on ebay and you can get them for 99p plus postage. It really does show that buying new games is not really a good idea, and instead waiting 6 months to a year to buy games after they are released will save a lot of money.

Originally Posted by :
In general I would like to believe in the honesty of people when I ask them for a fair price but you must always keep self interest in mind, would you pay more for a game you really want if you can ask a lower price for it?
I base the value of games on current real world prices. The actual prices I could buy a copy for on ebay and other locations. If you can physically buy a game for 99p then that is really all it is worth. Why would anyone who is after a game pay £5 when they could get exactly the same game for 99p?
[Reply]
Ghost 03:40 3rd July 2008
Hi Harrison,

Well I meant more of the rarer titles, not the ones that aren't worth much to begin with.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:16 3rd July 2008
Well, from your list anything that is from the following game series/franchise will be of more interest and sell for more:

Star Trek
Star Wars
Empire Earth
C&C
Wing Commander
Civilization
Elite 2

Your best bet is to do a quick search for each of the games on ebay and see what they are currently selling for.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 10:35 3rd July 2008
I bought a copy of Syndicate Wars for the PS1 today for £4.95 so I'd imagine you could get about that for it if you sold it.
[Reply]
Ghost 10:36 3rd July 2008
Guess I forgot to remove Elite 2, or should I sell it? :P
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up