Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Tosec to Gamebase?
my_lo 07:10 1st July 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Do you have the .RTB files??? have you tried running snoopdos to see at what point it fails. Do you get any error messages? Do your kickstart images have the correct file name? And as Harrison says what setup are you using.
I use ClassicWB full with 68030 2 mb chip ram and 4 mb fast ram
The kickstart files have the right names for whdload and the .rtb files are in the same folder as the kickstart files...

Do i need to do an install or something? I mean, i have only arcext the files to a game drawer, then i double click the icon from the kgwhd drawer. Is there a step by step guide somewhere, so i could see where i fail?
I've been browsing for days but i couldn't file any step-by-step "how to run a kgwhd on a classicwb install from scratch", when i'll have figured out everythin, i plan on writing one myself
[Reply]
Buleste 09:29 1st July 2008
TBH most of the KG installs should work fine as long as you have all the correct componants of WHDLoad installed regardless of wether you're using ClassicWb or any other option. Do you get any error messages at all??? Have you tried snoopdos???
[Reply]
killergorilla 11:06 1st July 2008
I'm 99% this will solve your problem.

Delete your pirated whdload keyfile
[Reply]
my_lo 12:06 1st July 2008
my key is original, not pirated

Here is the error i get with alien breed: Exception "Line 1111 Emulator" ($2c) at $10FFDE4E (Slave $33E) occured.

And the one i get with Bargon attack: Exception "Illegal Instruction" (10$) at $10FF92EE (Task 'exec.library', Slave $5E6) occured.
[Reply]
killergorilla 13:22 1st July 2008
Hmm..

sounds odd.

Quitting back to wb all the time usually happens when your whdload.key file is a pirate copy. Maybe it's corrupted somehow? Try deleting it from your s dir and trying again?
[Reply]
Buleste 13:38 1st July 2008
On your expansion board do you have your ROM stored in fastRAM? I know that sometimes exceptions can happen with strange memory addresses (the memory address on my BPPC can screw quite a few games up). Also where did you get your ROM files from. Some are more compatable than others (Strange but true).
[Reply]
my_lo 13:56 1st July 2008
I deleted the key from the s drawer, nothing changes, still the same errors

I don't know whats the expansion board, where can i find it? For the roms, i have downloaded a package "all the kickstarts for whdload" from a friend who uses them without any problem...
[Reply]
killergorilla 16:59 1st July 2008
Do you have a tcp/ip stack running at all?

Do you have any other problems with your ram card in other programs?
[Reply]
my_lo 17:08 1st July 2008
Wow, this goes very technical, what's a tcp/ip stack? As for ram problems in other programs, if you mean outside winuae, i don't have any... Maybe i should reinstall it from scratch...
[Reply]
killergorilla 17:30 1st July 2008
Ah this is in WinUAE! Sorry I can't have read the thread properly!

What setup are you using for WinUAE?

Try the A1200 quickstart setup but add yourself some more Fast RAM (8MB) and your harddrives, then try it. See what happens.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up