Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Dice C compiler
Tiago 16:13 16th June 2008
I did small programs in C in PC with Microsoft C and Borland C. The syntax was almost equal.

But now in Amiga i am using Dice, commands are quite different.

Anyone has a list or manual about available commands and syntax?

I can see in libs directory that exists commands like:
-draw
-move
-setpixel
-flood
-wait

etc...
some of them i found out how they work, but other i dont get a clue.

So if any of you have a manual or a guide ....
i am interested more in graphical functions...

thanks
[Reply]
Buleste 16:25 16th June 2008
I've actually got a Amiga C book that you could purchase form Amiga Shopper with DICE. Unfortunatly it's 313 pages so it won't be a quick scan. From what i remember the Libraries are used to allow the Amigas custom hardware to be used. Try getting StormC from Tosec applications as that has a superb help file and is easier to yse than DICE.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:33 16th June 2008
Well i think easyer then Dice is difficult, the compiler is very easy to use, it's just a question of commands/syntax i will have the same problem in other compiler.
But if StormC has a good manual... maybe the syntax is similar from stomc and dice.
i will try to get the manual/guide from stormc and use it in dice
[Reply]
Buleste 16:43 16th June 2008
StormC uses a more standard interface that is very similar to PC programmes whereas DICE used a basic text editor. It's also easier to tell with StormC if you do make a mistake with the syntax as the interface uses colours. I will eventually scan the book in but probably not for a good few months.
[Reply]
Zetr0 23:28 16th June 2008
@Tiago

my friend, you need the ROM KERNAL REFERENCE MANUAL RKRM get them from tosec there downloadable and if you search around you can find them in book form too

this will give you all the prototypes in use, right down to blitter commands and proper screen Vertical Refresh commands etc.

I might have some code floating around that i wrote a while back if need some samples.

but yeah.... get the software manuals atleast!
[Reply]
Buleste 09:57 17th June 2008
Or try the Amiga University pages here for some info on Amiga C.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up