Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Police advice to motorists blocked by tree
Teho 17:03 23rd January 2007
I recently saw this, which shows what the police do when those Slow Down signs in front of fallen trees don't work.
[Reply]
AlexJ 19:08 23rd January 2007
Originally Posted by Teho:
I recently saw this, which shows what the police do when those Slow Down signs in front of fallen trees don't work.
Well it was a parking attendent who are worse than the police. What the hell did they suggest she do? Carry on driving with a smashed in windscreen and no mirrors in a car which was structurally wrecked and like to come off worse in a collision with a Sinclair C5?
[Reply]
rayzorblue 19:20 23rd January 2007
Breaking the speed limit is against the law are u guys suggesting the police should turn a blind eye

Oh did i mention i dont have a driving license and ride a bicycle everywhere
[Reply]
AlexJ 19:31 23rd January 2007
Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
Breaking the speed limit is against the law are u guys suggesting the police should turn a blind eye

Oh did i mention i dont have a driving license and ride a bicycle everywhere
In the UK, copying a CD you own to your MP3 player is illegal without the record companies permission. However, the police use common sense and don't prosecute people. Breaking the speed limit, at night with nobody around, on a clear straight section of motorway, common sense should be used.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 22:28 23rd January 2007
Is that a raw nerve i seem to have touched and a camera cant tell how straight or clear a road is, but if you were to lose control doin 70 you might end up in better shape than if you were doing 120 especially if you hit the central reservation fly over into that family jus comin back from there hols.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:19 23rd January 2007
Well, at least if you hit a whole family you stand a better chance of survival due to the extra padding they would provide! (only joking)

It's a proven fact that more accidents are caused at slower speeds less than 50 MPH, than at high speed. Even on motorways, crashes and pileups are whilst cars are moving slowly. Granted normally some idiot who doesn't break in time starts a pile up but that is a lack of driving skill, not speeding alone.

From what I witness on the roads I consider at least 15% or all motorists unfit to drive.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 01:27 24th January 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Well, at least if you hit a whole family you stand a better chance of survival due to the extra padding they would provide! (only joking)
I just like taking the moral high ground because its hard to break the speed limit on a bicycle, so dont even get me started on pollution
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:18 24th January 2007
I couldn't drive in the UK anyway, driving the "wrong" way on the street
[Reply]
Harrison 12:47 24th January 2007
No! We drive the correct side of the road. It's those on the continent that have it arse backwards!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:45 24th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
No! We drive the correct side of the road. It's those on the continent that have it arse backwards!
How did I know you would say that
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up