Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: A new kitten!
Harrison 19:13 9th June 2008
Another reason I prefer dogs!
[Reply]
Buleste 09:15 10th June 2008
Dogs are just as bad at chewing (you should see some of the marks my ex girlfriends left me.(Ba dum bom Tssshhh(That replicating playing the drums))). One of my friends dogs chewed up one of my STS AGA disks. I couldn't play STS for years!!!
[Reply]
Harrison 10:27 10th June 2008
That's just down to the dog not being trained properly. My dogs have never chewed up anything I've owned because they were never allowed to and they knew it.

In comparison you can't really teach a cat to not do something. They dig their nails in everything and ruin all of your furniture, and are sick all over the place ruining your carpets, and leaving nice presents for you to step on or find on a window ledge. Not nice.
[Reply]
Teho 14:57 10th June 2008
You can "teach" a cat to not do things at least in your presence. That is, you can teach it to respect that you're the dominant one. Staring it down will take care of that. May take a little while if the cat is particularily willful, but any housecat that isn't outright mad will give in to a person, usually in a short while. After that, a sharp "no!" and hard stare at a cat will stop it dead in it's tracks at whatever it is doing. And it will learn what it can and can't do from this. At least while in your presence. I've had a few cats over the years and this has always worked for me.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:06 10th June 2008
The great cat/dog debate will never end. Dog lovers will always prefer dogs and cat lovers will always be slightly mad (me included as i own 3). Cats will always do what they want (If they can get away with it) and dogs will always be obedient (If trained properly)(I'm talking generalisations and i'm also hoping that the world is full of responsible owners). The one thing that can be said is that all reptile owners are either rockers or goths (or their modern equivelents).
[Reply]
Harrison 15:38 10th June 2008
No way. Most reptile owners are new age hippies!
[Reply]
Buleste 15:42 10th June 2008
You're just being argumentative now!!!! I've never seen a hippy owning a Python only rockers and goths generally because they like feeding them dead stuff.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:27 10th June 2008
What about strippers?
[Reply]
Ghost 17:08 10th June 2008
Guess Harrison is rather cat biased.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:51 10th June 2008
My girlfriend has a cat. He is OK, but no substitute for a dog. I wouldn't mind having both, but I think the only way to do that is to get a kitten and puppy at the same time so they are used to each other from being very small.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up