Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Cleaning a pcb A1200
Harrison 12:49 6th June 2008
The one from the mirror universe could be an evil version and so destroy all our hard work. He would have to be killed just to be safe!
[Reply]
Buleste 13:00 6th June 2008
Why not send him to work then?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:02 6th June 2008
Good point. Or send him to work on certain other Amiga sites.
[Reply]
Zetr0 13:08 6th June 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Why not send him to work then?
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Good point. Or send him to work on certain other Amiga sites.

Hmmmmmm how do we know this hasn't happened already eh?

I can just see it now....

Originally Posted by Police:
We are sorry Misses Harrison, but there was an Accident on the Classic Amiga Website...
Originally Posted by Missues_Harrison:
... is my Harrison ok?......
Originally Posted by Police:
.... Well Ma'am, due to a double posting anomally there are now two Harrison.... one good and one bad.... due to the edict precedented by the presence of two Harrisons, I have to take one into custody..... so the decision is yours Ma'am....
.... Should we take the Good Harrison and Leave the Bad Harrison or would you prefer to be left with the Good Harrison?
Originally Posted by Misses_Harrison:
..... When you say Bad......
oh dear oh dear.... not looking good for our guy is it....
[Reply]
Buleste 13:10 6th June 2008
Does Harrison have a beard at work?

OMG I've just realised why Submeg has a nomination in POTM if you look at the photo he posted of himself in the "Sad Day" thread he has a beard (albeit a poor one)!!!
[Reply]
JLPedro 21:30 6th June 2008
So the dishwasher is a NO GO... don't really know were i got the idea in the first place (by the way i was refearing to the motherboard and not the case). So i will use the brush type of cleaning , Or maybe i ill start the job on my CBM 1084s D1, it is waiting for some really in dept cleaning and painting mayking it look like new (been dreaming to do this for some time now) it will pair perfectly my recently painted A600!
[Reply]
Harrison 00:12 7th June 2008
A can of compressed air is always good for cleaning motherboards and expansion cards. You can often blow most of the dirt and dust from them without harming anything.

And also as already mentioned, some Isopropyl alcohol and a small brush, or cotton buds are OK as the alcohol evaporates very quickly and won't damage anything. I tend to use a can of car carburettor cleaner as it is basically the same thing, and a big can of that is quite inexpensive and lasts a very long time. I've had a can for a couple of years now and it is still nearly full. Very useful for cleaning old thermal paste from CPUs, the lenses of CD/DVD players, electrical components and PCBs, floppy disk drive heads, the contact pins in game cartridges or PCI cards etc.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:42 7th June 2008
I've had my A500+ case in the dishwasher. Made it a bit cleaner but didn't remove any yellowing.

Usually for cleaning the insides of computers I just use the hoover. Speaking of dust, I know my PC is very dusty (again).
[Reply]
Buleste 11:52 7th June 2008
Yellowing is due to the photosensitive nature of the plastic used. No amount of cleaning will ever get rid of it as it's the plastic itself that has changed its chemical composition slightly.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:54 7th June 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I've had my A500+ case in the dishwasher. Made it a bit cleaner but didn't remove any yellowing.

Usually for cleaning the insides of computers I just use the hoover. Speaking of dust, I know my PC is very dusty (again).

You guys said Dishwasher...

That explains why I need to buy a new washing machine!!!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up