Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Alien Breed 3D 1 and 2: who played them?
Buleste 09:10 5th June 2008
I've got em both so no point asking me as i'll sell em to you for £20.00 each (Look i'm skint O.K. and my mothers from Yorkshire so i'm tight fisted).
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:11 5th June 2008
interesting, I shall keep my eye on the 2d games. they would make a nice point in my original collection.
[Reply]
Ghost 14:01 5th June 2008
Meh, there is no rush.
I'll try Amibay later.

Sorry Buleste
[Reply]
Ghost 04:16 22nd June 2008
I have noticed some differences between the preview version of the original Alien Breed 3D and the released game; creatures but also backgrounds.
I understand a demo was released before the complete game, were there any differences between both versions?
[Reply]
Harrison 09:43 23rd June 2008
It's been a long time but I'm sure there were. With most game demos on the Amiga, as with most platforms, the demos were never identical to the final released game unless the demos were created after the final game's release to promote the game on coverdisks.

The biggest difference I remember between preview demo and final release wasn't for an Amiga game, but for the original Xbox version of Halo. The E3 preview demo showing the opening sequence and gameplay ended up being completely different to the final game that was released.
[Reply]
Ghost 11:35 24th June 2008
Well I had been checking some of the previews in magazines and it all looked very different, both the interface and certain enemies.

The enemies were probably filler-ins but the window of the interface was a lot bigger and seemed more detailed than the interface that was eventually used.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:01 24th June 2008
It is always interesting to see how games change from their development previews to the final end release. I'm thinking this might interest others on the site. Would you be interested in doing a small article for the site comparing screenshots side by side showing the differences?

You could write it in word and I could then add it to the site if you are interested in doing it.
[Reply]
Ghost 01:46 25th June 2008
I'll see what I can do
[Reply]
Ghost 03:00 30th June 2008
On request of Harrison, I have started to write an article that compares screenshots of the preview and the finished version, hope to have it finished soon.
[Reply]
Ghost 17:19 11th August 2008
Someone is offering Alien Breed 3D for 9 GBP on Ebay.
Is that a good price?

To be honest, on the moment I have my doubts about buying this game, it would make a nice addition to my collection but I kind of set out to collect some of the great days of the Amiga which were around 89 - 93.
I am not sure this really qualifies.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up