Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: How many consoles & computers do you have (no PCs)
How many consoles & computers do you have (no PCs)
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Thread: Consoles & Computer Poll
    rayzorblue 16:04 19th January 2007
    Heres my list.

Wii
    DS
    Gamecube
    N64
    Gameboy
    Dreamcast
    PSX
    Amiga 500
    C64 (not sure if this and amiga work they are both at my dads)

Dont know if these count but ill put them here anyhow
    Greenhouse
    Mario Bros
    Firefox F-7
    3-D stereo skyfighters
    Galaxy Invader-1000 CGL
    Coleco Head to Head Boxing
    Coleco Total Control 4

Not the best because I sold some of my old systems when i was young **slaps himself**
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 16:21 19th January 2007
    The german keyboards also have the letters ä, ö and ü. And for characters like !,},:,/... they also have different combinations. That's why we here use QWERTZ keyboards, which are set to swiss/french and they exactly match the keys with the characters.

I bought my barebone together with a keyboard from Germany, and forgot that they have slightly different keyboards. But the french are worse, with their ASERTY keyboards.

Here's a page, with some PS2 laser repair tutorial: http://cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm
    [Reply]
    LowercaseE 16:30 19th January 2007
    I snapped a few pics of the A1000 box and the packing/computer. I'll have to get my brother's tripod for some nicer ones, but at least it's a start. Is the FTP site still up so I can upload them?
    [Reply]
    Harrison 16:48 19th January 2007
    My FTP server is not up at the moment. However there is an uploads ftp you can use for site content uploads. I will PM you the details.
    [Reply]
    Teho 16:49 19th January 2007
    Originally Posted by alexj2002:
    Originally Posted by Teho:
    Playstation 2 (2 of them, one slim and one old model. But old one has a busted lens)
    Same here - the old one showed Disk Read Error for everything, so I got a new one. However I found a guide online that showed how to fiddle with the laser a bit and got it working again so my doorstop PS2 is working again.
    Yep, tried that with my first PS2 unit. The two I have now are my second and third. I got that DRE with my first one, a launch model, and followed one of those voltage adjusting FAQs. I actually got it working properly for a bit, then it started happening again. During my second attempt to adjust it I set it too high and fried it. So threw that one away long ago.

Never even attempted it when the second one started acting up. I could probably fix it, but the slick slimline model had come out a while ago and I had money to burn.
    [Reply]
    J T 18:53 21st January 2007
    OK, I have:

A500 (with 512k trapdoor expansion)
    Master System
    Original Gameboy
    Tomy-tronic 3d Thundering Turbos
    Game & Watch (Donkey Kong and Safebuster)
    N64
    PS2 (old one)
    Gamecube (platinum colour)
    DS-Lite (white)
    Wii
    [Reply]
    Submeg 21:42 21st January 2007
    I have:

PS2
    PSP
    Nintendo
    Nintendo Gameboy
    Nintendo Colour
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Nintendo Wii
    Amiga 500

Hmm...that's nine....I think I should change it from 7
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 06:19 22nd January 2007
    I also had several PS2 consoles, bought the first one without chip, then modded it with a Neo 2.2 chip. Second one was a prechipped with a Sniper modchip. The tray of that one made me scratches onto my disks, and they didn't work anymore. Then I placed in some protection mats, and it was fine, sold it then to my cousin. My 3rd PS2 was the one with the DMS3, which I had no problems with. Now the 4th with the MI chip is my slimline.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 10:30 22nd January 2007
    I've only had two PS2's and both still work perfectly. My first I bought on the ps2's UK launch and is the infamous 30003 model, although I've had no problems with it and it still works perfectly. It's never been chipped though. And my newer ps2 is the slimline one I bought pre-chipped with an MI chip.
    [Reply]
    J T 11:00 22nd January 2007
    My PS2 has given a disc error once or twice, but it was on rented discs, so they weren't in the best of condition anyway.

Apart from the other, uh, battle scars it's worked flawlessly. And to think there was a time when it was my pride and joy, but now I care little for it - I wouldn't want it smashed or anything but I'm not too bothered about the scrapes and stuff now.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Up