Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: The state of Royal Mail
AlexJ 18:17 21st May 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I do actually agree with you about car tax. I did it online myself last time I had to renew it and it was very quick and simple. Which actually surprised me a lot considering it is the DVLA we are talking about here!
I'd say the DVLA's online tax system is one of the few government computer systems that works as you'd hope. It's great that it'll automatically check MOT and insurance and is really as simple and easy as buying from Amazon or similar.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:36 21st May 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
The staff they employ could also cause problems. On the front page of our newspaper on friday was

'Prison for Pilfering Posties'
They were taking parcels from the Rotherham delivery office and selling the contents on ebay. Over 12 months they made £37924.
And one of them was the supervisor who was told to keep an eye out for people stealing things. He got 3.5 years and the other one got 2.5 years.
But you can't blame Royal Mail for that. That is just criminal activities and those have been going on in every large business forever.
[Reply]
Buleste 08:51 22nd May 2008
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I do actually agree with you about car tax. I did it online myself last time I had to renew it and it was very quick and simple. Which actually surprised me a lot considering it is the DVLA we are talking about here!
I'd say the DVLA's online tax system is one of the few government computer systems that works as you'd hope. It's great that it'll automatically check MOT and insurance and is really as simple and easy as buying from Amazon or similar.
Until you find that the data the DVLA has is insecure and you start getting charged for the London Congestion Charge when you live in the scottish highlands.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up