Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Which browser do you mainly use?
Which browser do you mainly use?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Which browser?
    Harrison 14:47 18th January 2007
    I was just wondering which browser everyone is currently using?

I just finally upgraded Firefox from 1.5 to 2.0 and it seems a bit quicker and most of the extensions I had installed for 1.5 made the transition intact. The couple that didn't were mainly due to Firefox 2 having similar features now built in, such as the spellchecker.
    [Reply]
    Teho 15:05 18th January 2007
    Well, I'm not changing from Opera any time soon. Perfectly happy with it.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 15:08 18th January 2007
    I do also use Opera a lot, but my main browser is still Firefox. Personally I cannot actually tell that much difference between them any longer as both seem to render pages and work just as well for most tasks.

Each has it's own unique ways of doing things so it is just down to which you prefer. For example I prefer the auto complete login method of FF over Operas Xtrl+Enter method, and I love the new Spellchecker built into FF. However, I do prefer the page scaling feature in Opera over all other browsers method of just enlarging the text on a page and buggering up the layout.

As for IE7, I hate it with a passion that surpasses even LowercaseE's hatred of Sony!
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 15:11 18th January 2007
    Opera currently. I also use FireFox 1.5.

Both are good.

Occaisionally use IE if the page I want to view doesn't work in firefox or opera.

I am yet to try IE7, but from what I've heard, it sounds crap.
    [Reply]
    LowercaseE 15:13 18th January 2007
    Firefox 2.0 here. It's fast and it works. The only issue I used to have was it crashing when I went into my Yahoo mail, but I found out how to fix that and now it works fine.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 15:20 18th January 2007
    Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
    Occasionally use IE if the page I want to view doesn't work in firefox or opera.
    Did you know that there is an add-on for Firefox that lets you tell Firefox to render pages using the IE render engine instead of Firefox's if you have a site that isn't designed well and won't work correctly? It's called IETab.
    [Reply]
    AlexJ 15:51 18th January 2007
    I think there's now just one site I regularly use that doesn't work in Firefox.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 15:55 18th January 2007
    The only one I use regularly that complains about Firefox being an Unsupported Browser is my online banking site. You can still just click "Go to log on" though and it does work perfectly in Firefox.
    [Reply]
    rayzorblue 16:02 18th January 2007
    im assuming i use firefox 2.0, dont really know for sure, but i can say i have never had a problem getting onto any of the websites i frequent with firefox, plus i love the scribblies kids theme i have
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 16:56 18th January 2007
    Firefox 2.0.0.1
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up