Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Merging Post Counts?
Merging Post Counts?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Our old join date?
    Vangar 02:03 17th May 2008
    When i was registered as Nerdpower50 on the original forum, i took pride in being one of the very first registered users to the site, back in ye old forum days. Similarly, i was a member of Sws2b a very long time ago and then when they recreated the forum we had to rejoin.

On sws2b (Now SonicRetro) users were able to request our old rejoin dates and have them fixed for our new accounts. Would that be possible here?

Thanks,

Evan
    [Reply]
    Harrison 02:40 17th May 2008
    This isn't something I had really thought about, but it is something I will consider if enough members are interested in having their accounts updated with their join dates rolled back to those from the original forum.

I wouldn't just update single user requests though because it would start giving some members join dates older than the site staff.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 09:19 17th May 2008
    Hmm, that would be interesting, but how easy would it be?
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:09 17th May 2008
    It would require me to go through the old forum membership list and then edit each member's profile on here changing their join date entry to the one from the old forum. So, quite easy to do, but time consuming.
    [Reply]
    AlexJ 12:32 17th May 2008
    How many people carried over the two sites? Must be about 20 regulars - it's something that'd be quite cool, as all the people that moved over have the same join date. Be better to see who the true originals are IMO.

(Mine shows up as 26-September 03, four and a half that have just flown by)
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 13:40 17th May 2008
    Feel free to change mine back. I believe it was March 2003.

5 years!
    [Reply]
    v85rawdeal 14:07 17th May 2008
    Did you surf the net whilst sitting on your potty???

That's quite some time, Stephen, which demonstrates you are definitely a 'stayer'.
    [Reply]
    Puni/Void 17:53 17th May 2008
    Good suggestion, Vangar!

Feel free to change mine as well.

Checked my join date in the old forum and it was the 22nd of May 2003. Nearly five years!
    [Reply]
    Vangar 22:34 17th May 2008
    Mine's 15-January 03. Well and truely 5 years =P.

All of us from the old forum really love our Amigas, haha. Also after going back to the older site, i realised that we don't use the amiga mouse as the mouse on the forum anymore. I'd like to see that come back, what do you all think?
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 15:02 19th May 2008
    Don't know when I exactly joined anymore?
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up