Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Mobile Skin added to the forums
Harrison 15:55 16th May 2008
I'm pleased to announce that we now have a lightweight version of the classicamiga forums available.

You can access this using the url:

http://mobile.forum.classicamiga.com/

This utilises a very lightweight forum style to create a layout that requires minimal system requirements to view the forum quickly on lower powered or smaller screened devices.

This is very useful for anyone wishing to access the forum using a PDA, a mobile Phone or a PSP,

In addition I think this version of the forum will be ideal for many Amiga users trying to access the forum using an Amiga browser such as iBrowse or AWeb, as the normal CA forum layout doesn't display correctly on them.

If any of you are using a mobile device/PDA/PSP please let me know how well it works on them, and also if you are an Amiga Browser user please offer some feedback too.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:04 16th May 2008
I will test it later with
Ibrowse in AmigaSYS4
[Reply]
Buleste 16:49 16th May 2008
This post is being done under ibrowse. Whilst not completely stable it still works fine.
[Reply]
Tiago 22:12 16th May 2008
This is my view from Amigasys4

[Reply]
Harrison 22:21 16th May 2008
That's good. It looks exactly as it should. Thanks for posting that image

How does the main forum skin look in Amigasys4?
[Reply]
Tiago 22:54 16th May 2008
Not very good, some things are out of place.... , and he complains about headers:

here you have pictures of main site and main forum:

[Reply]
Harrison 23:16 16th May 2008
Well, the forum layout is correct. It is just missing all of the visual layout that is created using the style sheets.

The main site is another matter. I knew it wouldn't be likely to get the site to work correctly in such an old browser as it used too much recent technology.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:56 17th June 2008
I've now updated the lightweight "mobile" forum style. I've added a link to the forum called "Retro Forum View" which switches you to the lightweight forum style. And then from that style there is a link "switch to full forum view" for users to get back to the full forum style.

Some other updates and additions have also been made to the mobile style. Instead of going to the portal which contains some links that always go to the full forum style, the forum now goes directly to the main root listing in the mobile "retro" view. Sticky threads are now also highlighted differently to normal threads to distinguish them more.

There has also been some other updates in the background to make it work smoother.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:29 18th June 2008
I-m testing the retro forum right now and I-m writing this in AWeb, works great, a lot faster than the normal forum.
Posted via CA Forum Lite
I-m only getting a JavaScript error> Handler could not be removed
[Reply]
Harrison 23:04 18th June 2008
Where are you getting the javascript error? On all pages or just specific ones? If it is only a specific place I might be able to remove the need for it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up