Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: "Disk is not validated" error message
Buleste 14:12 16th May 2008
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Teho:

It could be a virus but look:
I just reboot in winuae with workbench 3.1 in floppy and the amigasys3aga.sys config and i had the usb hd3.5 (empty) so, where is the virus? Amigasys3 witch i download? Workench3.1main.adf?
So your hard drive is completely empty? Try starting off with the Hard drive named sytem. Also what size is the hard drive and what size are the partitions if it is greater than 4GB? Remember WB3.1 will not be able to handle large hard drives and partitions.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:20 16th May 2008
All virii are still floating around out there somewhere waiting for some unsuspecting person to be infected again.

However as you are working from scratch with an empty HD I'm wondering if you problem is an HD issue? Have you done a full disk scan of the HD to check it is OK and not faulty? To scan the disk I recommend using the Hirens Boot CD as it contains all the tools you will need.
[Reply]
Tiago 14:27 16th May 2008
The 2.5 usb HD was not empty but i formated him with WB...
So i guess there are no virus.....
the amigasys3aga config, i guess doens't have virus to
the wb3.1maindisk.adf .... do you think it could have a virus?....

i will try Disksalv and Hirens Boot CD

Thanks guys!
[Reply]
Buleste 14:32 16th May 2008
Personally i doubt there is a virus as i don't think there will be any left about for the Ami. How large is the Hard drive in GB?
[Reply]
Tiago 14:39 16th May 2008
I am not using my Amiga 2.5 HD (4gb) am i using a old 400 mb 2.5 Hd to test amigasys3aga. If it work well then i will use the 4gb.
[Reply]
Tiago 12:39 9th March 2009
A year ago i had this problem when trying to copy anything:
"Disk is not validated" WB just tell me it has 0 bytes free.

you told me to run Disksalv, i don't remember if i did it, but yesterday it happend again, and this time i run Disksalv and it worked!! It fix the disk.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:43 9th March 2009
That's good to know it worked for you.

I've had HD disk corruption a couple of times using larger HDs with an Amiga. The worst was with a 40GB I was setting up for my A1200. I had formatted it with SFS, installed ClassicWB, copied the whole KGWHD pages onto it, and all was working correctly. I removed it from the caddie and into the A1200 and it booted fine. Next day it couldn't see the HDD, and putting it back into the caddie the PC could see the drive, but as it was Amiga formatted obviously it didn't appear in Windows. And Workbench couldn't see it at all. In that case it had lost the boot record.

So sometimes things can just go wrong for no known reason.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:51 9th March 2009
Originally Posted by Tiago:
A year ago i had this problem when trying to copy anything:
"Disk is not validated" WB just tell me it has 0 bytes free.

you told me to run Disksalv, i don't remember if i did it, but yesterday it happend again, and this time i run Disksalv and it worked!! It fix the disk.
If I had a penny for all those times Disksalv saved my data, I would be a pound richer today. Back in time when I didn't have any Internet connection, loosing 100's of MB's of stuff was a disaster!

It's a fine program that everyone should have available in backup if the worst comes to show.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:59 9th March 2009
I also used disksalv a couple of time.

Another I used a few times was Quarterback tools. That managed to restore a whole HD I accidentally managed to wipe years ago.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up