Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: emails from ebay crash Outlook
Harrison 10:36 15th May 2008
Recently I've not been able to open any emails received from ebay using Outlook 2003. They arrive in my inbox OK but when I try to open them Outlook instantly crashes without even showing the email (it happens as soon as I double click the email) and Outlook shuts down and automatically restarts itself straight away.

This means I can't access and view any of my emails from ebay at all.

I don't have this issue with any other emails received and they all open and display correctly.

Has anyone got any ideas what is causing this?

I know many people don't like Outlook and use something else, but I actually like Outlook (not Outlook Express) and have been using it for years without any problems (until now).
[Reply]
Buleste 10:45 15th May 2008
Alas I don't use Outlook, I use Incredimail. Have you got the latest updates for Outlook?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:15 15th May 2008
Yep. It is as up to date as possible, but I will run the update checker again now just to make sure (thanks for that reminder).

I am however still using Outlook 2003 and not 2007 as I don't like the newer 2007 interface as much. And the puzzling thing that is very strange is that ebay emails opened perfectly well until recently.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:18 15th May 2008
ebay have probably messed around with settings somewhere.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:06 15th May 2008
I'm suspicious that they are using some dodgy tracking scripts in their emails now.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up