Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Triple Triad! Plus a new points system!
Harrison 18:00 9th May 2008
Triple Triad!

That's right. After promising this for a very long time I'm pleased to announce that finally we have Triple Triad on the forum.

You can access this using its own menu found in the menu bar above next to the UserCP link.

I know you are all fans of the game so have fun!

To begin with before doing anything else you will need to purchase a pack of cards to add to your deck. Once you have some cards you can start practicing by playing an AI match against the server bot AmiBot. This will get you used to how the game works. And once you are up to speed you can challenge other players to a game.

New Points System

We also have a new points system. The old vBbux/vBPlaza system was getting very old and is now unsupported. Plus it contained some security issues. So that whole system has been scraped and in its place is a new credits system that is much easier to manage and use.

But don't worry! All of your precious points are still retained in the new system. Even Submegs!

The arcade should also still work as before, as it has been upgraded to work with the new credits system, and in addition the Triple Triad system also works with the credits system too.

Still to come will be integration with the Quiz section and the credits system so you will be able to spend and win credits by taking the quizzes.

Finally, to access your credits go into your UserCP panel and there is a new section for it. You can manage your bank/public credit amounts, and also play the new credits raffle where you can buy raffle tickets and one member is guaranteed to win the jackpot each Saturday.

If you have any questions please ask.

Content removed from the site

Due to these updates the whole of the old vBPlaza is now gone. This means we have lost the ribbon and gifts from the forum. But I don't think many people really used them much anyway, and without them the forum posts are shorter again.

In addition the old lotto system has been removed as the new credits system includes its own.
[Reply]
Buleste 19:05 9th May 2008
Does this mean no more intrest? Just as the intrest rates started going up as well.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:21 9th May 2008
AWESOME. Already have 93% of cards
[Reply]
Harrison 23:50 9th May 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Does this mean no more intrest? Just as the intrest rates started going up as well.
Nope, you still get your interest on bank savings, plus credit for posting and reading the forums.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:25 10th May 2008
What is Triple Triad and what are the rules?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:36 10th May 2008
Triple Triad is a card games that was originally seen in the Squaresoft game Final Fantasy 8.

The basic rules are quite simple. You have a deck of cards and for each game you select 5 of your cards to play with for that game. The game is played on a board made up of 9 squares with each player placing one card onto the board in turn. The cards have 4 numbers in the corner which correspond to the 4 sides of the card. When you place a card, if any existing cards on the board are next to the placed card the numbers are compared and the higher number wins. If you place a card and it has a higher number then the card it is against will switch to your side and change colour. The winner is the one with the most cards in their colour by the end of the game.

These are just the basic rules. You can make them more advanced. For example you could introduce cascading whereby if you place a card and it wins against another card and turns it to your side, if that card then loses against the turned card you will win that, and so on. And there are others such as elementals, where they compare the elements of the two cards for a winner (such as fire and water).

And when the game is over you may either win or lose credits, or if you selected the option the winner can select a card from the losers pack.

Details of all of the rules can be read on the wiki page found at http://tripletriad.wikia.com/wiki/Tr...iple_Triad_101

Those rules are for a Wiki version of the game, but it is exactly the same.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 00:15 11th May 2008
Basically, Triple Triad is the basis that WoTC used for Eye of Judgement (But I doubt that Square have noticed that)
[Reply]
Buleste 12:01 12th May 2008
The only card games i know are with a regular 52 card set or Top Trumps. Online Top Trumps would be a cool game.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:07 12th May 2008
Have you given our TT game a try yet Buleste?
[Reply]
Buleste 14:21 12th May 2008
What TT game? I've played Triple Triad a few times against an AI and I suck. I'd like to blame my cards but even after reading rules is till loose even when i think i should win.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up