Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Explorer 2260
Buleste 09:38 7th May 2008
I've recently been going through some of my old Amiga mags and remembered that when i originally saw the articles about this game i was very interested. Some of the Web pages are still running but i was wondering if this game ever got made?
[Reply]
Harrison 10:08 7th May 2008
Do you have any more details about it? Year it was in development? Who as developing it? etc...
[Reply]
Buleste 10:57 7th May 2008
It was being developed by World Foundry in 1997 for high spec PPC Amigas. Vulcan were going to publish it. It looked like the game was a cross between Freespace and Frontier. A whole encyclopedia was created for it. The Web page for World Foundry can be found here with links to the game on it.
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:21 7th May 2008
from the write up and some of the existing images it looks fantastic!

almost worth buying a PPC for lol..... almost...
[Reply]
Buleste 12:23 7th May 2008
Not if it never got finished.
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:25 7th May 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Not if it never got finished.
I dont think that it did to be honest....

still i will never know why PPC chips.... the x86's were more than fast enough and at the time less than a quarter of the price!!!!

sigh.....
[Reply]
Harrison 16:05 7th May 2008
Looks interesting. A real shame if it never did get released. I wonder how close they came to completing it? Might be worth contacting the developers if we can and asking. If it is close to completion and will work then maybe we could secure the rights to release it in the PD via CA.

I will add an entry for the game into the main site and include the screenshots from their site.
[Reply]
Zetr0 16:58 7th May 2008
lol HOL doesnt have an entry for it...

hmmmm amusing
[Reply]
Buleste 17:01 7th May 2008
We'll have to see if they'll take "inspiration" from us.
[Reply]
Zetr0 17:02 7th May 2008
LOL, oh the mocking......
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up