Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Moonlight
Harrison 15:41 30th April 2008
Has anyone else been watching this new Vampire series?

When I saw the pilot episode I was quite unsure of it, but as the series as progressed it has become really good. Some of the effects in the first episode were a little 80's in feel, especially one part near the end where he was shown as sort of flying. but these seem to have been toned down in newer episodes and the camera work is more realistic and believable.

It does mirror many similarities with other past vampire shows, especially Forever Knight and more recently Angel.

But I think the difference here is that the lead Vampire is played slightly differently to those of previous series, and are very interesting and stylish. Plus there are some twists in the abilities and limitations of being a vampire compared to the standard take on them that most films and series use. In this version of the vampire for example they can go out in the daytime, but sunlight does still slowly hurt them if exposed for a very long time. Also a stake through the heart isn't guaranteed to always kill them.

Plus it has the added bonus of the lead female role, played by Sophia Myles, being really hot.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:16 5th May 2008
So has no one seen this then?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:11 5th May 2008
Nope, but it sounds gay again, we've already had that from things you posted before
[Reply]
Harrison 18:36 5th May 2008
Any fans of Vampires will like it.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:36 6th May 2008
As all vampire lovers are gay or fat goths of any sex then no one here will admit to it other than you.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:42 6th May 2008
Hmm... so Buleste, are you a vampire lover?
[Reply]
Buleste 11:04 6th May 2008
In the hollywood sense, No. However as my theories on Vampires is that the myth is based on a hate campaign created by the Romans against the early Christians (Don't forget Christians drink blood and eat flesh to live forever) then i am in fact a lapsed vampire.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up