Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: The importance of scanning for malware more often.
AlexJ 21:29 18th January 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I have still never used a spyware scanner, and have never had a noticable problem (expect for on my dads computer at the moment. I think I got rid of the software but not the problems it caused which i assume are in the registry)
That's the point of spyware - if you noticed it, then it would be a crap spy
[Reply]
Harrison 00:47 19th January 2007
Exactly. If you have never run a spyware scanner Steve then there is no way of knowing if you have ever had any infections on any of your computers.

Spyware infections are not just annoying because they steal information and send it back to their source. They also cause a lot of other strange behaviour on a system. Certain things suddenly crashing more often, not running at all, the OS doing odd things, some of the hardware not functioning correctly etc... That is the real reason you need to scan for spyware.

As mentioned many many many many times before, only an idiot would think it clever to state they never scan for spyware, let along not running a firewall or having a virus scanner installed and running. But surely such a person cannot exist in this day and age! Can they?
[Reply]
J T 20:20 21st January 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by :
This software, switched on your webcam and directed the images back to someone.
Hopefully you're not sitting naked in front of your cam
Uh oh........

*puts away fleshlight*

[Reply]
Harrison 03:32 22nd January 2007
fleshlight?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:40 22nd January 2007
I suppose he meant the light to see some naked flesh
[Reply]
J T 09:11 22nd January 2007
Google it.

Not at work though.

A mate bought one for a work secret santa once. Disgusting.

Yet hilarious.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:18 22nd January 2007
Originally Posted by J T:
Google it.

Not at work though.

A mate bought one for a work secret santa once. Disgusting.

Yet hilarious.
Ho ho ho, this is just weird.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:37 22nd January 2007
Strange indeed. Seen those advertised in the back of newspapers and always wondering who actually buys them. Didn't know they were called Fleshlights. Learn something new every day.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:33 31st January 2007
Lol, could you imagine opening that at work...lol "uh this flashlight doesnt work..."
[Reply]
J T 10:23 31st January 2007
It could be a great pratical joke thing..... get one and swap it for a mate's actual torch in his tool box. Hilarity would undoubtedly ensue next time he opened up the box at work or to do a little DIY (Hey, unitentional filth implied there also, bonus).
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up