Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: The importance of scanning for malware more often.
Harrison 00:02 18th January 2007
The thing that impressed me the most about Spyware Doctor is the speed of its scanning compared to other spyware scanners. And it's results and options once complete are easier to look through and use too.
[Reply]
Teho 14:50 18th January 2007
Hmm. Ad-aware has always worked fine for me, but I think I will have a look at this Spyware Doctor anyway. Sounds good.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:09 18th January 2007
I tested Spyware Doctor. Kaspersky goes mad when launching the program, and SD takes 30-60 seconds to start. Annoying. After scanning, it found some infections, nothing fatal. After exiting, the SD task stays started, and takes almost 80% of my CPU. I had to cancel the process everytime. But I think that's if you switch on the ON GUARD feature, not sure about though.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 18:28 18th January 2007
Oh dear after reading this thread i thought to myself when was the last time i updated my spyware stuff, it had been 3 months since i got the latest update lol, i guess id better run some checks.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:08 18th January 2007
At Pirate Bay they have a torrent called Malware. It's updated almost every 1-2 month. I have version 5, but saw yesterday that a version 6 and a version 2007 have already been released. Currently downloading latest one.

The torrent consists of hundreds different software programs regarding malware. The 2007 version has actually about 170MB. To search for the torrent, just enter Malware.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 19:35 18th January 2007
Using ZoneAlarm, Spybot, Adaware, AVG anti Spyware AVG anti virus and Avast.
It's beyond a joke really.
Not even my machine, it's the other halfs.
Couple of months back, a bit of spyware still managed to get onto the machine.
This software, switched on your webcam and directed the images back to someone.
Spyware literally.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:01 18th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
Hopefully you're not sitting naked in front of your cam
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 20:25 18th January 2007
I have still never used a spyware scanner, and have never had a noticable problem (expect for on my dads computer at the moment. I think I got rid of the software but not the problems it caused which i assume are in the registry)
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:38 18th January 2007
There's probably no one who wants something from you, just like in real life
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 20:42 18th January 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by :
Hopefully you're not sitting naked in front of your cam

Liar
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up