Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Anything worthwhile coming out in the rest of 2008?
Sharingan 13:54 2nd May 2008
Haven't really kept up-to-date on the titles that are yet to debut on the big screen for the remainder of 2008.

The only films I'm kinda looking forward to right now are Indiana Jones IV, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Anything else I've missed? Anything you guys are especially anticipating?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:34 2nd May 2008
Star Trek!
[Reply]
Buleste 14:53 2nd May 2008
Not too sure about Incredible Hulk. Edward Norton is one of the worlds suckiest actors ever.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:59 2nd May 2008
Edward Norton's voice can sometimes be very whiney, but then that is true of a lot of Americans... however he has been in a lot of good films that I've enjoyed.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:05 2nd May 2008
He's been a some good films it's just they would have been great films if he'd have been killed in the first minute.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:06 2nd May 2008
I liked Norton in a couple of roles as well.

I've been thinking, wouldn't a big budget remake of Dune be great? Put someone like Peter Jackson at the helm, and it'll be grand.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:17 2nd May 2008
Maybe... although while the original film of Dune wasn't accurate to the book it was pretty good.
[Reply]
Teho 15:22 2nd May 2008
The Hallmark three-part miniseries Dune 2000 stayed fairly true to the book and was very good I thought, but it suffered from low production values. Still worth seeing, especially if you're a fan of the books. Harder to like if you haven't read them I guess as you won't be so forgiving of its flaws. The sequel series Children of Dune (which combines Dune Messiah and Children of Dune) is even better.
[Reply]
Sharingan 15:24 2nd May 2008
To be accurate to the book, you'd probably need a trilogy for the first book alone! The Dune universe probably is one of the most meticulously thought-out fantasy/sci-fi universes out there. Kind of hard to fathom that Frank Herbert actually wrote it in the 1960s.

Like Gene Roddenberry, way ahead of his time.

Edit: I really should take a look at the Children of Dune series. Looks really good (and the soundtrack is amazing).
[Reply]
Teho 15:30 2nd May 2008
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
To be accurate to the book, you'd probably need a trilogy for the first book alone!
That's what the first Dune miniseries is, three episodes of around 1h30m each only for the first book. And still they had to leave out some minor details.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up