Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Anything worthwhile coming out in the rest of 2008?
Harrison 15:40 2nd May 2008
Yep, I've seen both of the mini series and they are good, but I also found them a bit boring at times as certain parts dragged on when instead they could have used narration to progress the story faster when needed.

And yes, the production values were quite bad in places. Definitely more like a hallmark TV movie rather than BSG in that regard.

Now wouldn't that be good. With this being the final series of BSG the production and special effects team will be looking for new work. They would make a great job of a Dune film!
[Reply]
sarek2k 14:55 4th May 2008
@Harrison have you seen the Extended version of Dune ??? it's on quite a bit longer and has a new intro with male narration and even a piccy of the book and artwork for the intro. The film also has quite a few new bits that wheren't in before i'm yet to fully watch it but having glanced at the tv whilst on the puter i saw quite a few additions.

filename if you wish to get it : Dune.1984.Extended.WS.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT
[Reply]
Buleste 15:11 4th May 2008
We're also forgetting about the latest Batman film.
[Reply]
Zetr0 16:56 4th May 2008
personally i think we need more movies with zombies, shotguns and chainsaws....

although a dawn of war movie would be absolute sublime! using the amazing renderings of the spirtits within team and FFVII advent children.

but yes.... personally i want more zombie flicks please
[Reply]
Buleste 17:03 4th May 2008
Why? All you have to do is go into any major town centre on a Friday and Saturday night and you can watch lots of zombies all trying to kill each other.
[Reply]
sarek2k 17:32 4th May 2008
Originally Posted by :
Why? All you have to do is go into any major town centre on a Friday and Saturday night and you can watch lots of zombies all trying to kill each other.
and thats just the emergency services/police
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:54 5th May 2008
But do we need another Resident Evil movie? Personally I don't think so, besides Uwe Boll directs it this time
[Reply]
Harrison 19:17 5th May 2008
Originally Posted by sarek2k:
@Harrison have you seen the Extended version of Dune ??? it's on quite a bit longer and has a new intro with male narration and even a piccy of the book and artwork for the intro. The film also has quite a few new bits that wheren't in before i'm yet to fully watch it but having glanced at the tv whilst on the puter i saw quite a few additions.

filename if you wish to get it : Dune.1984.Extended.WS.DVDRip.XviD-FRAGMENT
I've got the DVD "Dune - Special Edition" which comes on 2 DVDs in a nice case. This contains the directors cut of the film which is longer. Is that the same as the one you are talking about?
[Reply]
sarek2k 21:39 6th May 2008
Originally Posted by :

I've got the DVD "Dune - Special Edition" which comes on 2 DVDs in a nice case. This contains the directors cut of the film which is longer. Is that the same as the one you are talking about?
here is a bit of chatter from torrentleech where i got it :

live2give: This is the Alan Smithee version.
Folks, be sure that this is what you want, especially if you are a big DL fan. From wikipedia:

"The less-seen 189-minute "Alan Smithee" version [was] prepared originally for . . . television without either participation or authorization by David Lynch . . . . [It] was edited in a seemingly haphazard way . . . [and] Lynch objected to these edits and had his name removed from the credits of this print."

Thanks for the up!

hope this answers your question harrison
[Reply]
Harrison 21:52 6th May 2008
Thanks for the info. I will have to take a look at my Special Edition version and see if it is the same or not. If not then I'm definitely downloading it!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up