Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: PSP firmware hacker Dark Alex in the news
Demon Cleaner 18:59 18th January 2007
I'm neither pro/contra Sony, as long as they release good consoles, I'm fine.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:18 18th January 2007
I have mixed feelings towards Sony. But at the end of the day, all of the big companies behind the hardware or software are all the same. They are trying to protect their property rights against pirates and hackers, and try to gain a return on each item they create. Whilst also needing to keep the governments happy.

It won't stop me buy from Sony. I'm going to get a PS3 for sure as it is the most powerful system out of the three and will definitely be attracting the most RPG developers. That in itself is more important to me than the actions of the corporate side of the company.
[Reply]
LowercaseE 11:34 19th January 2007
I get where you guys are coming from. If new gaming was my number 1 interest, I probably would support Blu-Ray and the PS3. Being that I'm more of a film geek though, I just can't support a company that lowers the possibility of certain films that I want to see from getting released.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:23 19th January 2007
If you're a film geek, you are certainly not going to buy a PS3, but a very good DVD player instead. I bought the Panasonic DVD-S 97 with HDMI, and it just works perfect with my Panasonic PV500 plasma TV.

Oz got his Panasonic PV600 (model after mine) on monday, and he's just astonished how good it is, in comparison of the previous plasma he had.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:53 19th January 2007
Is that the 50 inch model? I've been looking at those lately and they do look good.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:57 19th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
Is that the 50 inch model?
Nope, 42 inch. 9th generation of plasma panels.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:04 19th January 2007
Cool. I was looking at the 50" PV600 model in the stores, but if I did get one it would probably be the 42" version as the 50" one is a bit too huge for the space I have for one.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:13 19th January 2007
Originally Posted by :
as the 50" one is a bit too huge for the space I have for one.
That was also my problem. Bus as I'm only sitting 3m away from the TV, it's just fine.
[Reply]
J T 09:18 22nd January 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
If you're a film geek, you are certainly not going to buy a PS3, but a very good DVD player instead. I bought the Panasonic DVD-S 97 with HDMI, and it just works perfect with my Panasonic PV500 plasma TV.

Oz got his Panasonic PV600 (model after mine) on monday, and he's just astonished how good it is, in comparison of the previous plasma he had.
Awesome1 I've got the 37" PX600 (the UK model of the PV600) and it rocks. Great screen. Our cable box is plugged in through HDMI and actually does a semi reasonable job of upscaling the SD content. True HD content looks bloody sweet.

And the Wii looks ace too, got it running through component cables. I had to turn the colour down it was just too bright and vibrant.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:22 22nd January 2007
Originally Posted by :
And the Wii looks ace too, got it running through component cables. I had to turn the colour down it was just too bright and vibrant.
The RGB output of consoles is warmer than on any other device, so you have to take care with contrast and color.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up