Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Dexter
J T 22:30 28th April 2008
Have any of you guys been watching Dexter? It's very good. Possibly a bit overly glossy but it is very well written and made, and the guy that plays the lead is suitably creepy yet oddly charming.
[Reply]
Zetr0 23:34 28th April 2008
I have been fortunate to see all of this series and i have thoroughly enjoyed it!

i wont spoil it for you you... sit back and enjoy, its great
[Reply]
Buleste 09:26 29th April 2008
I love it. The identity of the Ice Truck killer was obvious but it's a superb programme. If i ever grow up i want to be a sociopathic serial killer.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:52 29th April 2008
I really wanted to see this series but have so far missed it completely. I will have to see if I can get hold of it. Looked really interesting from the trailers and the concept in general.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:04 29th April 2008
It's a intelligent and well thought out series. Which is why it's surprising that it's a hit in America, then again as most Americans are borderline sociapathic serial killers it's more like a documentry for them.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:26 29th April 2008
They probably think they are watching a new "Cops" off shoot.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 15:56 3rd May 2008
Having watched this from the get-go, I just have to say that the lead character is seriously creepy, and yet so disarmingly likeable. It ticks all the right boxes for me, with a midly dark humour; attractive women who aren't just there as eye candy; deeply dark story; devilish details that seem so believable; and characters that are so unlikeable you cheer when they get 'offed'.

Gonna get me the dvd/bd boxes when they get released!
[Reply]
J T 10:31 6th May 2008
I doubt I'll buy the DVDs, but I am enjoying this show a lot. Well worth checking out. A small thing, the episodes seem to be nice and lengthy without outstaying their welcome. Unless it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be the usual plethora of long advert breaks that have to be put into American programmes to make them last an hour.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:56 6th May 2008
It lasts an hour on ITV so in America it's probably an hour and a half long episodes due to the ads which makes it more amazing that it's popular in the states. I might try finding the book that it's based on "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:38 9th May 2008
I've realise i have one major problem with Dexter. In the startup sequence Dexter shaves, cuts himself, finishes off shaving and then cooks breakfast. When he gets fully dressed he has face fuzz that looks about a day old!!!! Why the hell doesn't he get himself a better razor, either that or find out why he has such freekily fast growing facial hair which will only grow to a certain length.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up