Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Aminet
Buleste 15:18 9th April 2008
Is it just me or is Aminet getting very ropey these days. Seem to be getting a lot of errors these days. I hope it's not a sign of the end.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:41 9th April 2008
That wouldn't be good to lose such a valuable resource. Maybe it is time i do a complete Aminet ftp update again so I have my own complete backup of their server. That way if it does go down I will be able to provide an ftp version of their current software.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 16:18 9th April 2008
I haven't noticed any errors.

What have you experienced?
[Reply]
Buleste 16:25 9th April 2008
Quite a few http 500 errors, pages dissappearing and reappearing along with files. I would have normally put it down to problems with my internet but as other more resource hogging pages and everything else is working fine.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 16:31 9th April 2008
What are you using browser and ISP wise?
[Reply]
Buleste 16:41 9th April 2008
Doesn't matter which browser i use. At the moment it's showing that there have been no uploads in the past 14 days uner IE7 and Firefox whereas 30 mins ago there was quite alot. As for ISP i use BT but as eveything else is fine that shouldn't matter as it's only aminet i'm having problems with.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 16:44 9th April 2008
Just checked now.
You are right, there is nothing showing for the last 14 days, which is nonsense.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:52 9th April 2008
Like I say intermitent problems with Aminet. It may be they are just having technical difficulties at the moment but as an Amiga owner i am naturally a pesemist.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 16:53 9th April 2008
They have fairly recently upgraded their servers, so I wouldn't be too worried.
Can't see them doing that if they had lost interest.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:16 9th April 2008
I just looked as well and there isn't currently any way to access the archive. Clicking on browse returns a blank page, and even searching for something like "adf" returns 0 matches! Looks like the server is currently missing all its files!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up