Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
5 6 7 8 9 10
Thread: Running out of HD space....
Tiago 12:30 1st December 2014

I never understand why people keep so many information in HDs.
I have a total of 1,5 GB and that's more then enough for anything i need. But, i do not keep films or MP3.
I just keep my documents and photos.
If i want to see a film, i go to cinema, rent it in my TV supply of just download it...
the same with games, after play it i don't keep it.
So, sure, anything below 5 GB is not enough to keep films, mp3 etc.... but my question is why keep all that stuff??
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:06 2nd December 2014
Originally Posted by Tiago:
but my question is why keep all that stuff??
Once you get the collecting "fever", you can't stop anymore, hoarding would be a good word to use here
[Reply]
Harrison 07:02 2nd December 2014
With media is the ability to have an instantly accessible collection of your whole library.

Until recently this wasn't as practical for film, but being able to instantly access a film and steam it to the tv is so much nicer than using discs.

I do however only keep films I will watch again, not everything I've seen. I have Sky On demand for all other films.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:58 2nd December 2014
I delete most of the movies I watched, really good ones, I put in my movie archive.

Same with series, once watched, I delete them.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:56 8th December 2014
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Rough guess is somewhere around 40TB.
ROFL!
I guess I should've mentioned 40Mb was a large hard drive in the good old days & you're packing 40TB with todays standards....

Answering your following question, I have nearly 20TB around the home & Blu Ray movies fill it faster than u can spit.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:41 9th December 2014
So true. It is amazing how much affordable storage has expanded over the last 20 years.

I still remember getting a 300MB drive for my A600 in the day and wondering how I would ever fill it.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:28 9th December 2014
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I still remember getting a 300MB drive for my A600 in the day and wondering how I would ever fill it.
Did you fill it?
[Reply]
Harrison 15:20 9th December 2014
Nope. Whdload didn't exist then so even installing all of the games that allowed HD install, plus all the applications, and still had over 150MB free.
[Reply]
Tiago 10:15 10th December 2014
My first A600 had a HD of 40mb, later i replace it by a new one, can't remember how much, but around 200mb... i never fill it with games, but i have a sound digitizer, and i recorded a lot sound in stereo 8 bits, so my HD was always on the limit.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:48 4th March 2017
@Tiago

It was fun sampling back then. Remember we sampled sounds from movies (VHS), especially the one with Weird Al Yankovic, UHF or something.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
5 6 7 8 9 10
Up