Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Comodo Firewall
Demon Cleaner 04:44 3rd April 2008
Has anyone of you tested the Comodo Firewall yet? Yesterday I read some very positive reviews about it, most say it's the best firewall to date and it's also completely free.

Here are some firewall ratings.
[Reply]
Harrison 08:35 3rd April 2008
I've not heard of this firewall, but I am on the lookout for a new one as my current firewall license is due to expire soon, and if it is as good as that firewall rating is showing and completely free then I might just give it a go!

Thanks for the link. I will definitely be investigating this further and giving it a test.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:56 3rd April 2008
I will also install it, as currently I'm only using the XP firewall, although nothing ever happened, there's still the firewall on the router.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:37 3rd April 2008
I used to use it and whilst it is less annoying than some products and more configurable than others I never thought of it as an outstanding product, more Ronseal.
If your ever looking for free stuff on the web go here for everything from AV software to shampoo.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:16 3rd April 2008
The current one I used, Outpost Pro, is definitely good and keeps itself to itself unless it definitely needs to notify you of a problem, but I think some other firewalls have now overtaken it over the last two years in total security terms.

So I'm going to try this free firewall out on one of my secondary PCs and see how it behaves.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:20 3rd April 2008
A quick warning about Outpost Pro. I got rid of this over a year ago and i'm still trying to erradicate traces of it on my sytem. The damn thing just will not uninstall properly and yes i have tried everything. I haven't checked for a while but i think i finally got rid of it the other week.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up