Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Earth Hour
Stephen Coates 15:11 30th March 2008
Did any of you do anything for Earth Hour yesterday?

I think I spent most of the hour in a hot shower, with 3 halogen spot lights on in the bathroom, whilst my 60watt lamp and 21" monitor were on in my bedroom.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 15:22 30th March 2008
What's Earth Hour?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:03 30th March 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Hour

I cam accross it after someone pointed out google's dark homepage, and after it was mentioned on the news on the radio.
[Reply]
AlexJ 19:16 30th March 2008
I thought demand surges were generally a bad thing for energy consumption overall, sudden drops in demand may mean too much electricity is generated and so power stations may have to shut down (with massive energy costs and time taken to restart them).

Another enviromental campaign that actually does very little to help the enviornment.
[Reply]
Buleste 20:22 30th March 2008
All this stuff goes on the assumption that humanity is worth saving. The planet will save itself. Humanity has a long way to go. Personally i found Earth Hour annoying.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 12:40 31st March 2008
I ranted and raved about google and the black page.
Very right on touchy feely nonsense and also totally inaccurate claim.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:52 31st March 2008
This was so successful that the first I even hard about it was reading this thread now!

What was I doing during this time? I think I had two laptops running while we were looking for holidays, plus the TV was on.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:55 31st March 2008
The only thing i ever knew about it was the black Google page which made me think that IE had gone pear shaped again but it was black in Firefox so i ignored it.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:58 31st March 2008
It seems to me that nowadays you can get a chance to promote anything ecological, and get funding too.

So, I propose we start our own promotion, and look to the government for funding (bearing in mind it MUST be ecologically-minded)

My suggestion is Save The Dodo.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:02 31st March 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
My suggestion is Save The Dodo.
Why? Are you in danger??? (oh crap i've broken one of the rules.....Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.....I'm sorry forgive me please).

Save the planet! Wipe out all Humanity!!!!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up