Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Now where have i seen this before???
Buleste 11:35 27th March 2008
Cybernet have "created" an "All in One" PC that fits on you desktop and the only aditional equipment you need is something to view it on. Go here for a look. To me it looks like a really crappy MSX but lets faceit the design is over 25 years old.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:27 27th March 2008
@Buleste

Originally Posted by :
Cybernet have "created" an "All in One" PC that fits on you desktop and the only aditional equipment you need is something to view it on. Go here for a look. To me it looks like a really crappy MSX but lets faceit the design is over 25 years old.
No doubt that the design of this computer is old. We've seen plenty of similar machines over the years, so this is nothing new. Still an interesting read though.

Do you think this could be a new trend?
[Reply]
J T 22:59 27th March 2008
A laptop with the screen 'broken off'.....

From a useability point, I'd have thought having the keyboard at the front edge (amiga style) would have been better and more comfortable, wouldn't it?

But then they couldn't have used laptop parts so easily. Ah, and the trackpad position of course.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:51 28th March 2008
The first thing that strikes me is how chunky this system is. Especially when you consider how much thinner laptops are now becoming with similar components inside. They have used standard desktop parts for some things like the DVD drive, where instead they could have used a slim laptop drive. Also having two fans at the back is going to make this quite noisy.

Good idea in principle, but could have easily been made much better.

My ideas on how this could be improved are to use all laptop components to make it much smaller and therefore more portable. It's overall physical height and weight would instantly be reduced by a lot without sacrificing performance or features. Unless it is designed to have the power of a full tower system, in which case it would need to be able to fit full graphics cards and full processors inside.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:56 28th March 2008
I saw a few systems like this a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up