Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Any new space games in the forseeable future?
vorlon31 23:13 27th May 2008
The latest screen shot release from Jumpgate Evolution;

[Reply]
Harrison 00:43 28th May 2008
Very nice.
[Reply]
my_lo 10:55 24th June 2008
Since it's a MMO, i don't know if it can be labelled as a space game, but there is stargate world to come end of this year, it looks pretty nice. I'm a huge fan of the serie and i think that the possibilities are huge, i hope they'll do it well :fingercrossed:

site officiel stargate worlds
[Reply]
Harrison 11:27 24th June 2008
I've been keeping an eye on the SG:W game since it was first mentioned. I'm also a big fan of the series and hope they do it justice.

It was a real shame they cancelled the original FPS Stargate game though. That was very close to completion, but then MGM pulled the plug on the Australian development team and it forced them into receivership! Not nice!
[Reply]
my_lo 11:41 24th June 2008
I was so disappointed too... Such a great potential, such a waste. MGM really messed it up there

But maybe this one will be the first a (successful) line of sci-fi MMORPG (unlike swg). I love EVE but i'm just not patient enough.

Another title filled with promises: Star Trek online. It must be awesome to start with a space cadet and to level him until he becomes captain of a starship and goes on missions in the delta quadrant...
[Reply]
Harrison 12:19 24th June 2008
If they do ST:O correctly it will be great, as long as there are enough players to make it work. The ability to go from exploring down on a world, such as the Klingon home world, to being able to pilot your ship wherever you like, docking with space stations and trading with other players will be brilliant if they get it right.

Am I right in thinking though that each player will have his own complete ship now? Originally it was going to be that each player started off at the very bottom of the ranks and worked his way up, becoming a member of a ship's crew and taking on the role of one of them, such as an engineer, security officer, medical staff, bridge crew... and everyone having to work together to make the ship function. I have the feeling that could have been very complex to work in a game, but amazing if it had. They could have used AI to take over the roles of key personnel when no real players were available for that role.
[Reply]
vorlon31 20:03 25th June 2008
Netdevil and codemasters have launched a new look web site for Jumpgate Evolution one linked to codemasters own account system and forums.

It's got the same addy of http://www.jumpgateevolution.com

But... you will need to re-apply for Beta using a codemasters codeM account.

KK, you know what to do.. sign up!
[Reply]
Harrison 23:29 25th June 2008
Thanks for the info vorlon. I will take a look.
[Reply]
my_lo 09:56 29th July 2008
WOOHOO YEEPEEE...

(but why is my_lo in such a state?)

This is why:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/star...c-and-consoles

Star Trek Online Confirmed !!!

And here is the official website: http://startrekonline.com/

This made my day ^_^
[Reply]
Harrison 11:23 29th July 2008
This has been in development for a long time and I've been reading about it since the original ideas and event previews. It is still a shame that the original idea that players would all be a part of a starship working as a member of the crew all together was never followed. It should still be great though. All I need now is to work out when I will actually have time to play it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up