Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Outlook crashes when opening ebay emails
Harrison 10:23 20th March 2008
This is a strange one. I use Outlook 2003 for my email. Some refuse to use it because it's from M$ but I like it.

Anyway, Outlook 2003 works fine and is perfectly stable, except when i get any emails from ebay. These are official emails from them for things like notifications that an auction is due to end soon, so I know they are not the usual spam pretending to be from them. And as soon as I try to open the email Outlook crashes and then automatically restarts straight away.

This is only happening with ebay emails I try to open. Every other email opens perfectly and Outlook functions correctly. Very strange.

Has anyone else encountered this? Or know what the cause is?
[Reply]
Buleste 10:32 20th March 2008
I use Incredimail and not had any probs like that.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 12:54 20th March 2008
I use YAM2.5 and don't have any problems with Ebay emails.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:10 22nd May 2008
I still haven't managed to fix the ebay email crashing in Outlook problem I have. I did update Office 2003 to the latest service pack and then downloaded any remaining hotfixes for the suite and this has now allowed me to open about 50% of emails from ebay.

One update this is really worthwhile if you use Outlook is one that updates the SPAM filtering. Before I did this a couple of SPAMs were getting into my inbox each day, but since updating this it has caught them all which is always good.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:02 22nd May 2008
It's strange that you can't open all ebay emails. They all open perfectly in Outlook 2000 here.
[Reply]
sandro19 11:52 12th June 2011
This is very complicated trouble, probably I would help you, some seconds please....

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Originally Posted by Harrison:
This is a strange one. I use Outlook 2003 for my email. Some refuse to use it because it's from M$ but I like it.

Anyway, Outlook 2003 works fine and is perfectly stable, except when i get any emails from ebay. These are official emails from them for things like notifications that an auction is due to end soon, so I know they are not the usual spam pretending to be from them. And as soon as I try to open the email Outlook crashes and then automatically restarts straight away.

This is only happening with ebay emails I try to open. Every other email opens perfectly and Outlook functions correctly. Very strange.

Has anyone else encountered this? Or know what the cause is?
For me ms outlook is quite important program, but such problems would resolve with the help of a special applications. I had like trouble some time ago, but luckily I observed a probable resolution for such situation, which owns some helpful facilities for working out outlook problems - outlook recovery tool.
[Reply]
Harrison 20:15 12th June 2011
This is a very old thread sandro19, 3 years since the last post to be exact. Since then I've progressed through Office 2003 and 2007 and am now using Outlook 2010 without any issues.

Thanks for trying to help though.
[Reply]
Phantom 17:29 13th June 2011
Me using Thunderbird, and YAM on the other side, without any problems.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up