Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Fleetwood Mac The Chain back in 2009
v85rawdeal 23:07 20th March 2008
Well, that just shows you how little I listen to the radio...
[Reply]
Buleste 19:02 21st March 2008
Andrew MacKinlay a Labour MP has raised questions over the BBC showing F1. He said the licence fee should be spent on "real sports rather than the wealthy industry of Formula One". Yet i bet he was one of the first to raise objections over the loss of the Premiership on BBC when that happened and you don't get much more of an elitist wealthy worldwide industry than that. If you live in Thurrock, Essex then do not vote for this complete arse who makes comments like that when the amount of money in the deal hasn't even been mentioned and is part of a government that wants to sustematically dismantle the BBC and privatise it. Thats my rant over with.
[Reply]
AlexJ 20:22 21st March 2008
Yeah, the real sport dig is a bit crap really. Richard Hammond on Top Gear proved that no Joe Public can just jump into these cars and drive them. At least in F1 20% of the grid is made up of British drivers, and all but a couple of the cars are put designed and put together in the UK. The same couldn't be said of the top football teams.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 19:31 22nd May 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Maybe we could have some of the Top Gear boys doing the commentary. "Wow. Bloody hell thats fast."

Good call, Buleste, the Beeb have indicated they DO intend to get the Top Gear boys involved in F1 (Just as long as Hamster doesn't drive...)

More details here
[Reply]
AlexJ 20:45 22nd May 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Maybe we could have some of the Top Gear boys doing the commentary. "Wow. Bloody hell thats fast."

Good call, Buleste, the Beeb have indicated they DO intend to get the Top Gear boys involved in F1 (Just as long as Hamster doesn't drive...)

More details here
That would be the worst thing ever. I'm a fan of Top Gear and I'm a fan of F1 but that's like saying I'm a fan of ice-cream and a fan of beer. Great on their own, but not to be mixed. How would they have handled for example Kovaleinen's crash in Spain? SMASH WHAT AN IDIOT WALLOP, oh err, he's still in the car...

They'll want to drag Martin Brundle across, leave James Allen and Mark Blundell and get a proper sports presenter (not Richard 'I don't watch F1' Hammond).
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 20:47 22nd May 2008
I too would not be too happy about them doing the commentary, although Hammond would probably be a good addition, considering he has had experience in a F1 car and knows just how bloody hard they are to drive.

But the build up and post race stuff??? Hell, they may even make Kimi smile!
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:51 22nd May 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
I too would not be too happy about them doing the commentary, although Hammond would probably be a good addition, considering he has had experience in a F1 car and knows just how bloody hard they are to drive.

But the build up and post race stuff??? Hell, they may even make Kimi smile!
I think within two races, none of the drivers would be willing to talk to them. And I doubt Richard or Jeremy would want to spend a further 16+ weekends away from their family.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:03 23rd May 2008
I agree. I don't think it would be a good idea as they need quite serious presenters for F1. Maybe they could instead do a pre and post race top gear spot talking about the build up and then post race highlights. That could allow them to still utilise the great top gear humour.
[Reply]
Buleste 08:32 23rd May 2008
@Alexj
Beer and Ice Cream you say? Not so much beer as Dog but how about this?

By the way did you notice i joked about the Top Gear boys doing F1 on 20th March and the Mail (or Daily Fascist) had the story on the 21st March. Maybe they read this forum?
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 15:23 23rd May 2008
I've had whisky flavoured icecream so why not beer?
Will defo be trying the Newcastle Brown Icecream.

[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up