Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: A busy day
Buleste 09:31 19th March 2008
the 19th March seems to have been a busy day for the Grim Reaper. We lost Anthony Minghella (director and writer), Arthur C Clarke (writer and presenter) and John Hewer (actor (Captain Birds Eye)). All will be missed.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:19 19th March 2008
I didn't know that Arthur C Clarke had died today. That is indeed sad news. Although he did reach 90 years which is a good age.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:42 19th March 2008
I really liked the work of Arthur C Clarke. I wished for the day in Uni when a project came up with a city of the future scheme - I would have ripped off his towers from 3001 and got all the credit! Sad day.
[Reply]
Buleste 12:47 19th March 2008
Those towers were a scientific idea that ACC ripped from someone along with the 'cosmic elevator' idea. Half the time i think ACC took theories and wrapped a narrative around them. Just take a look at his idea in 2010 and how scientinsts are genuinely looking at Europa as an area where extraterrestrial life could exist.
[Reply]
J T 13:38 19th March 2008
Captain Birdseye? NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
[Reply]
Harrison 14:12 19th March 2008
Ah! So you were one of those children.

The courts won't be able to prosecute now!
[Reply]
Teho 15:47 19th March 2008
Arthur C Clarke was definitely one of my favourite authors. The last surviving classic sci-fi writer. I remember the first book I read in english was one of his. Allthough he stopped writing a long time ago, it's still a shame that he's gone.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up