Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Your favourite Amiga football game?
Puni/Void 20:24 7th March 2008
Most of us have probably played a lot of different football games on the Amiga. There were many good titles to choose from, for example the Kick Off (except Kick Off 3) and Sensible Soccer series.

Which is your all-time favourite Amiga football game, and why?
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 20:38 7th March 2008
SWOS, no question. It just has everything and it still gets played by many people all these years on. And it's great pretending Norwich are a top-half Premier League side with some great players

On the management side I'd go with Championship Manager '93 - I've lost weeks to that game. Very addictive. And I won 13 league titles with Brentford, as you do.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:42 7th March 2008
I will say SWOS as well. Before that came out it was KickOff 2, but once the first Sensible Soccer came out that was it. There was no better, and there still is no better football game for pure gaming enjoyment.
[Reply]
sarek2k 04:20 8th March 2008
I liked Goal best but sensi/swos is still great even tho i didn't play swos much.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:39 8th March 2008
Never could get the hang of SWOS. Always prefered the management games. Player Manager, Premier Manager, USM etc.
[Reply]
Tiago 22:26 9th March 2008
"SWOS" and "International soccer"
[Reply]
Zetr0 06:48 10th March 2008
football is great game to play with your mates, but a poor game to watch or play on your own!!

infact i find most footy games are IMHO, dire... with the exception of

SWOS... *awesome*
Kickoff 2... this was much better than the original, but lacking the intensity of SWOS

SpeedBall 2 (better than kickoff 2 )
Brutal Sports Football (okay not really football but attacking your best m8 with a chainsword is quite a wholesom act!!!!)

FIFA 97 on the SNES was good... but it like most EA games was lacking something ...
[Reply]
Buleste 10:00 10th March 2008
The original FIFA was great on Megadrive but the Amiga conversion sucks big time. I know i was stupid enough to buy it.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:17 10th March 2008
SNES and the first N64 versions of FIFA were very enjoyable, but still nowhere near as fun as SWOS.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 18:28 10th March 2008
The only game that can beat SWOS is Pro Evo, IMO.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up