Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Hello fellow Amiga gamers
Brintinacx 15:51 6th March 2008
Hello, this is my first post. I may be in the minority here, but am from the U.S. My first computer was the glorious Commodore 64, I still get excited thinking about Legacy of the Ancients. Then came my Amiga 500. Amazing machine. The Dungeon and Dragons Gold Box series, I spent many, many hours of my youth with those. Eye of the Beholder series, another good one. But the one that brought me to your site, thru a search, was the Masterpiece "Black Crypt". By far, to me, one of the best. It also was exclusively made for the Amiga. So it holds a place in my heart. I couldn't remember the full name, so that's what brought me here. Well hello to all, and I found these links to You Tube, shows people playing Amiga games, so you can check them out.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/bl...ion/2823791758
[Reply]
Buleste 16:10 6th March 2008
Welcome to the group. Have fun looking round. We won't hold the fact you're American against you. In fact "Stay a while....Stay Forever".
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 17:03 6th March 2008
Welcome to the site!
[Reply]
Harrison 17:03 6th March 2008
Hi and welcome. Glad you are enjoying looking around the site.

Do you still own any Amiga's?
[Reply]
Submeg 23:43 6th March 2008
I think that maybe that should be our site motto..

Stay a while....stay forever. It's catchy...unless it was taken from somewhere else...you wouldnt want HOL coming over to bitch again...

Oh and welcome Brintinacx!
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:59 7th March 2008
Welcome to the forums Brintinacx!

Originally Posted by Submeg:
Stay a while....stay forever. It's catchy...unless it was taken from somewhere else...you wouldnt want HOL coming over to bitch again...
'Tis from Impossible Mission, no?
[Reply]
Submeg 02:11 7th March 2008
There u go, I never have/will/want to watch those movies, can't stand it. My bad.
[Reply]
Teho 04:37 7th March 2008
Not movies, C64 games. Impossible Mission 1 & 2, both had a synthesized voice speaking that line on startup. I actually have that sampled somewhere, used it with a trivia question on that norwegian Spillegal forum. Yes, here it is.

They were great games too, but lived up to their names. Near impossible to finish.

And welcome, Brintinacx!
[Reply]
Buleste 07:37 7th March 2008
It was also on Impossible Mission 2025 for amiga (which also has Impossible Mission on it).

@Submeg
Whatever you do make sure you never watch any of the Mission Imposssible movies as they are more implausable than pink tank tops being a fashion accessory.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:42 7th March 2008
K a game I have never played...I never thought that there could be anything worse than a pink tank top? I stand corrected.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up