Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Pod Competition
Harrison 14:25 15th January 2007
Pod Hiscore Competition

Lets get things started with the first of the new classicamiga hiscore competitions.

I've chosen one of my favourite PD games called Pod. This is an Amiga remake of a classic C64 shoot 'em up game and was featured on the Cu Amiga magazine coverdisk #41. We ran this game for a competition on the old forum, but some of you missed it first time and as I find this game such fun I wanted to give it another go.

The basic idea of the game is very simple. You move around the screen on a grid shooting all of the enemies before they destroy you. When something is destroyed part of the grid is destoryed along with it and you are then unable to move along that part of the grid. So make sure you don't trap yourself by destroying enemies where it might restrict your movement. The grid does slowly mend itself so destoyed parts are not perminent. Each level/wave has a time limit. Shoot everything you can until the time runs out to survive the level.

Game to be played: Pod
Platform: Amiga A500 OCS
Emulator: WinUAE (quickstart config: A500/A2000 - 1.3ROM, ECS Agnus, 512K Chip RAM + 512K slow RAM)
Difficulty Level: Normal
Length of Competition:
Ended!
Competition Rules: Obtain the highest score!

Points to be won:

Ist Place: 5000 points
2nd Place: 2000 points
3rd Place: 500 points
Game Files: Game ADF attached
Attached: pod.zip (648.4 KB)
Harrison 14:28 15th January 2007
Here is my first hiscore to get the competition rolling. I only had a quick go to get the first hiscore posted, so I hope to see some much better scores from everyone else.

Hiscore of 206,100 recorded for Harrison.

Teho 15:28 17th January 2007
Allright, let's play.

That's 299,300
Demon Cleaner 16:00 17th January 2007
I have no time, working for the site every spare minute I have
Harrison 16:09 17th January 2007
Make Oz do the work, then you will have lots of time to take part!
Demon Cleaner 17:15 17th January 2007
I want to, but he's just some lazy guy, doing nothing, it's always the same with these youngsters. I'm doing the screenshooting and audio recording now myself. At least I'm sure that's it's done, and that it's done as good as possible
Harrison 20:53 17th January 2007
Like the old saying goes, if you want a job done properly, do it yourself!
Vangar 13:31 27th January 2007
I'd play, but I'm like Demon Cleaner, i've got lots of work to do and i find it hard to find time to get on here =(
TiredOfLife 14:42 28th January 2007
Apologies for the worst screen capture in history.
Also for not embedding, haven't got my head round that yet.

AlexJ 15:24 28th January 2007
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Apologies for the worst screen capture in history.
Also for not embedding, haven't got my head round that yet.
A screenshot of a video of your TV - brilliant! I take it that you used a real Amiga to play the game on.
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up