Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Demomakers
Tiago 17:13 10th March 2008
Originally Posted by :
disabling the cache from the A1200 boot menu works for many
no, didnt work, i forgot to try relokick.

I try to save a 10 seconds demo just with plasma efect to a empty adf file, transfer to pcmcia then to real A1200 and if worked, the disk is bootable, looks like A1200 dont load demomaker (software) but runs demos after being saved to bootable.

I was able to work with sample logos rom disk II, and the pixel and line effect.
But i coun'd put the text/banners working..... anyone did try DM so far?
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:56 10th March 2008
I've managed to extract the docs for RSI Demomaker from the LSD disk - the one on ADDPP was corrupt.

The instructions are available here
[Reply]
Harrison 18:04 10th March 2008
Great work Alex. I will be having a look at this once I get chance to try making one myself. I hope lots of us are going to take part in this competition and try to create something as this should be great fun.

And if we like bits from different member's creations than we could end up combining the best bits into a final production.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:32 10th March 2008
Harrison wrote:

Originally Posted by :
Great work Alex. I will be having a look at this once I get chance to try making one myself. I hope lots of us are going to take part in this competition and try to create something as this should be great fun.

And if we like bits from different member's creations than we could end up combining the best bits into a final production.
Good job on that text, Alex. That will for sure prove helpful for all of us that would like to participate in the competition.

And as you say, Harrison, let's hope that many of us will participate in the contest. The more entries the better!
[Reply]
Tiago 09:42 11th March 2008
The manual is simple and gives you a nice overview.
I was able to try almost all effects in RS-DM.

And the saved intros worked well in real 1200, so i am allready creating my demo...
i must try today to load RS-DM with relokick.

Harrison, PG, do you have logos so we can use? CA logos or general Commodore logos?

It would be great to convert the demos later to MPEG for Pc, so that all people without Amigas or winuae could see it.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:11 11th March 2008
Tiago wrote:

Originally Posted by :
Harrison, PG, do you have logos so we can use? CA logos or general Commodore logos?

It would be great to convert the demos later to MPEG for Pc, so that all people without Amigas or winuae could see it.
I think Harrison is working on those logos. These will probably be available soon. If you want, I could send you some scaled down versions of the logos on the main site, so that you can use these until the offifical ones appear. I've also converted them to .iff.

Be prepeared for an official announcement demo concerning the competition. Here you'll find a introduction to the contest and the rules.

Good idea about creating video files of the demos when the competition is over.
[Reply]
Tiago 10:22 11th March 2008
PG, if you have allready some pictures, send them please.

tecnical question:

I try some simple demo, saved it as boot intro, and the result is not a non-dos disk, so
if you put the disk in workbench you will see it, but, i cannot find anything inside....
i press the "show hidden/all files" option but i cannot see anything. If it is not a non-dos disk why cant i browse the files.
If i were able to see it, and to run the intro in workbench, we could mix the intro with other cli commands/software.
[Reply]
AlexJ 11:29 11th March 2008
Pretty sure that if the disk is a non-dos disk it will show up in workbench as "DF0:NDOS" and when you double-click on it, it will say "The icon(s) have no default tool". If you can open it, then it is a dos disk.

As for the lack of stuff inside it, not sure about that.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:39 11th March 2008
Unless it creates a hybrid disk that can appear in Workbench as a blank disk, but is actually a custom disk format that is designed to just be booted.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 19:07 27th March 2008
Digging around I found one of my old demos I created a couple of years ago using videotracker.

It was created on a 1mb A500 and can be downloaded here.

Its a rar file, but the demo file itself is small enough to be transfered to any amiga on a 880kb pc disk, should you need to.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up