Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Guide to NDS Flash carts and Homebrew
Demon Cleaner 15:42 10th February 2010
Really impressive, although it looks a bit shitty
[Reply]
Harrison 15:44 10th February 2010
Looks better than most Speccy games with their colour clash sprites!
[Reply]
Buleste 16:25 10th February 2010
Remember Dynamite Dan the colour clash man?

I've been trying the MSX emulator and surprisingly the original version of Knight Lore runs slower than the new MSX2 version.

I'm slowly having a run through of all these Homebrew apps for the DS.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:19 10th February 2010
The RetroWorks MSX2 remake of KnightLore is indeed very nice. The game looks great in more colour. Shame the MSX wasn't more popular in Europe.

The same company have also remade Sir Fred for PC.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:27 2nd April 2010
I forgot to update this when I found it but they also made an Alien 8 Remake although it is a lot sluggish.

However here's a rare treat for all those who have a card for the DS. The attached 2 games have never been commercially available and do not show up on most ROM sites. The first contains Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Green House and the second (which has some Japanese text but is perfectly playable) contains Parachute and Octopus.
Attached: Game and Watch Collection USA.rar (687.1 KB) Game_Watch_Collection_2(JAP).rar (700.4 KB)
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:40 2nd April 2010
I have a whole set of Game & Watch which includes these games.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:35 2nd April 2010
Here's some piccies to show how they look on the DS.

Shame they didn't put Donkey Kong II on the second collection.
[Reply]
Harrison 19:43 2nd April 2010
Those look great.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:24 3rd April 2010
They are a bit of retro heaven. I just have to get used to the DSi controls being better than the 26 year controls on Donkey Kong. I will get a high score of 999 again.

:EDIT:
Just been on the DSIWARE site and it looks like the big N are loving the G&W as they've released 3 as downloadable games. Mario's Cement Factory, Chef and Judge.
[Reply]
Buleste 18:17 26th April 2010
In a little bit of miggy related news I've found the lemmings DS site which has all 292 levels from Lemmings, Oh no more Lemmings and XMAS Lemmings '91 '92 '93 '94. All I can say is it's miggy Lemmings on the DS.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up