Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: MAME v111 released.
Demon Cleaner 00:40 18th December 2006
MAME Roms and Extras v111 are now available at pleasuredome, these are still free torrents.
[Reply]
LowercaseE 22:46 20th December 2006
I've only recently began messing with MAME and I'm hooked!
[Reply]
Harrison 22:54 20th December 2006
MAME is amazing and probably my favourite emulator of all time. I've been using it since it was released in the 90's but it still amazes me having all of the classic Arcade games from our youth are ready and waiting to be played for free!
[Reply]
LowercaseE 12:21 21st December 2006
What is the site for pleasuredome? Is it a free torrent site, or do you have to register? I'd like to get all the MAME ROMS.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:39 21st December 2006
It's a ratio based torrent site, but some great torrents are free. MAME 111 roms & extras (which is a must have, includes icons, snapshots, flyers, marquees, cabinets...) are free, so you can d/l them, and then built up ratio if you want. I installed v111 yesterday, and I got 6344 games in MAME32.

But you have to register at pleasuredome, direct URL is http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php

What you also can d/l at a MAME based site, is the history.dat file, which gives you a lot a info and how to play about all the games.
[Reply]
LowercaseE 13:03 21st December 2006
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll sign up and give it a look.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:41 21st December 2006
The History.dat file is a great addition to MAME. It adds a lot of great information about each game. There are also some cheat.dat files available too that give information on known cheats for more arcade games too.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:25 26th December 2006
Only just got around to updating my set to .111 release and it joined at 98.6% so that was great.

There are currently 3 roms missing from the set though, but I doubt many people would actually ever notice considering how many games MAME now supports.
[Reply]
Ghost 10:50 28th December 2006
Hmm, I still have version .110.
Tell me, is this a big download, with all roms and such?

I really don't need to have every game.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:13 28th December 2006
If you have the .110 torrentzipped release then you don't need to download the complete collection each time. You just start the .111 torrent and point it at your existing .110 files and the download client will compare the new torrent against your existing collection and will only need to download the differences to complate it.

As I mentioned above, using a .110 set you join the new .111 set at 98.6% complete so it takes less than an hour to complete the download and give you the full .111 set.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up