Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Drool if you want to.
Buleste 10:37 11th February 2008
Just found this on ebay. A bit pricey but very very drool worthy. Lets face it. It's the best classic amiga you can get without going into PCI.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 14:10 11th February 2008
The only problem with that is if you want to use it for OS4, you can only use 128 meg.
128meg is plenty under 3.9 but can be a little short under 4.0.
[Reply]
Zetr0 16:29 11th February 2008
If i had this i would seriously have it as a Linux box, and a classic amiga second,

Its a great find, and the price does make me cross my leggs and wince (due to the pain) but its a nice collection, meticuliously crafted and cared for.

I would be inconsoleable if i had to sell that, (obviuosly without an exact one to replace it with)

I do hope whom ever gets it, uses it, instead of leving it to decay in some storage somewhere...

but yeah.... Debian linux it... or another decent 68k linux!.... i think most 95%+ of that hardware is also supported under linux....
[Reply]
Harrison 17:04 12th February 2008
I would be very very surprised if that actually sells for the asking price. Closer to £1000 is more realistic. I saw an A400T sell for just over the grand mark recently, and Amiga prices are falling quite sharply these days. A year ago maybe, but not as likely now.
[Reply]
Buleste 20:17 12th February 2008
£1,000 for a 4000T yes. But with Cyberstorm PPC with 060 and a Cybervision both of which could easily get £400 a piece. It's a lot of money for an old bit of kit but not over priced compaired to how it would sell if it was broken up.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:43 13th February 2008
Oh, the one I was on about did have an 060 and graphics card. It didn't have PPC though so yes that would add somewhat to the price. But I still think it is over priced.
[Reply]
J T 16:49 13th February 2008
Yeah, it looks and sounds nice and all - but he'll never get that price for it will he?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up