Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: References within songs?
TiredOfLife 14:23 11th February 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Didn't you get a sound card with your Mediator?
You can use that and HD Record.
This retro thing just passes you by doesn't it.
No, you are aware a Mediator is used in conjunction with an Amiga aren't you?
Any more retro than that and he will be singing into a cavern and asking us to listen to the echo.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:39 11th February 2008
Yep, it has a sound card.

I could use that if nothing else was avaliable, but it just isn't right recording stuff straight into computers without if being on some kind of proper audio storage format first.
[Reply]
J T 17:29 11th February 2008
Yeah, I've always wondered about that "come on Eileen" song

(actually, I have been told the story behind it, and it's not quite that smutty but still kinda dirty).
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:24 11th February 2008
Originally Posted by J T:
Yeah, I've always wondered about that "come on Eileen" song

(actually, I have been told the story behind it, and it's not quite that smutty but still kinda dirty).
Well come on then, spill.
(Hmmm, perhaps not the most well chosen sentence ever)
[Reply]
Submeg 23:54 12th February 2008
those lyrics are excellent! Good work!!

I know most of the lyrics to the cds I own...all 500 or so. If I have listened to the songs a few times I can usually pick them. Having to have to listen to alot of rap crap when with friends, it makes it easy to pick up lyrics when they are slower. I dont listen to death metal so I dont usually have to contend with screaming
[Reply]
J T 16:47 13th February 2008
Apparently (so I've been told) is it is about encouraging an (underage) girl into sex.

Amusingly, a few months ago we were at a house party and I got chatting to this girl because she looked lonely (and most of the other people there were jerks). She was called Eileen. Later in the evening "come on Eileen" just happened to be on one of the CDs being played. I chuckled to myself, un-noticed. Then Eileen goes 'oh, this is my song' and looked thoroughly confused and more than a little pissed off when I damn near pissed myself laughing. I really don't think she got it. She was sweet and everything but seemed really naive.

And no, I didn't......
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:34 13th February 2008
Originally Posted by J T:
Apparently (so I've been told) is it is about encouraging an (underage) girl into sex.

Amusingly, a few months ago we were at a house party and I got chatting to this girl because she looked lonely (and most of the other people there were jerks). She was called Eileen. Later in the evening "come on Eileen" just happened to be on one of the CDs being played. I chuckled to myself, un-noticed. Then Eileen goes 'oh, this is my song' and looked thoroughly confused and more than a little pissed off when I damn near pissed myself laughing. I really don't think she got it. She was sweet and everything but seemed really naive.

And no, I didn't......
I believe you mate.

A mate of mine once copped for a girl called Irene.
Every time that song came on in a club we used to surround him and sing it pointing at him.

You could just about hear him screaming over the music and our singing, "Here name isn't even Eileen, it's Irene.

Yeah, like we cared.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 21:42 15th February 2008
Surely a song called 'Come on, Eileen' is in reality a song about bukake!
[Reply]
Harrison 23:41 15th February 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Yep, it has a sound card.

I could use that if nothing else was avaliable, but it just isn't right recording stuff straight into computers without if being on some kind of proper audio storage format first.
But...but...but... you have an Amiga! That can be used to make music! A standard A500! Some audio samples and a mod tracker. It's the only way!
[Reply]
Submeg 07:40 16th February 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Surely a song called 'Come on, Eileen' is in reality a song about bukake!
I just choked on my drink...you dirty b@stard! lol
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up