Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Atari Falcon 030 Tower
Harrison 12:11 5th February 2008
Some of you might shoot me for posting this, but what the hell!

I just spotted an Atari Falcon 030 computer in a tower case conversion on ebay.

For those of you that don't know, the Atari Falcon was the last computer in the Atari ST range before Atari ditched all home computer development to concentrate on their next console, the Jaguar. The Falcon was a pretty nice machine, but had it's original design been fully seen to fruition it wuld have been even better. Instead Atari had to rush it to market because they knew they were going to end home computer development. Originally it was going to be in a modular case with separate keyboard, similar to the Atari TT, but to save time and money they used an Atari 1040ST case instead. Some key features included a dedicated DSP chip and a 68030 CPU.

Anyway if you want to take a look at this towered Falcon auction, it is here.
[Reply]
Zetr0 12:22 5th February 2008
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Some of you might shoot me for posting this, but what the hell!

I just spotted an Atari Falcon 030 computer in a tower case conversion on ebay.

For those of you that don't know, the Atari Falcon was the last computer in the Atari ST range before Atari ditched all home computer development to concentrate on their next console, the Jaguar. The Falcon was a pretty nice machine, but had it's original design been fully seen to fruition it wuld have been even better. Instead Atari had to rush it to market because they knew they were going to end home computer development. Originally it was going to be in a modular case with separate keyboard, similar to the Atari TT, but to save time and money they used an Atari 1040ST case instead. Some key features included a dedicated DSP chip and a 68030 CPU.

Anyway if you want to take a look at this towered Falcon auction, it is here.

I currently have this in my fleabay watches, although not interested in owning it, it is still interesting to see what a bit of history will fetch at the dogs...
[Reply]
Harrison 12:27 5th February 2008
I've always been interested in owning some of the later systems in the Atari ST range. Because I was an Atari ST owner before the Amiga I do still have some interest in the system, even though the ST is very inferior to the Amiga in many respects, the GEM OS especially.

Out of all I would really like to own an Atari TT though. I remember following its development in the ST magazines at the time and wishing I could afford one. At the time that machine looked really good.
[Reply]
sarek2k 15:32 5th February 2008
@Zetro would like nice in a silver spray job eh

i just can't do beige anymore
[Reply]
Harrison 15:43 5th February 2008
For an Atari ST is should really be a matt light grey instead of silver.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:45 5th February 2008
(As SC) You can never have too much beige!!!!
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 16:13 5th February 2008
Very excessive for a heretical, blasphemous doorstop.

The standards of moderating are dropping again.

Where's me rope, I can feel a hanging may be in order.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:20 5th February 2008
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
Very excessive for a heretical, blasphemous doorstop.

The standards of moderating are dropping again.

Where's me rope, I can feel a hanging may be in order.
There are standards in the moderation??????? If that were true Submeg would never get a post in.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:15 5th February 2008
Or that TiredOfLife guy. He never seems to take anything seriously!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 20:31 5th February 2008
That would leave me with more chances to finally win Poster of the Month!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up