Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Which was you favourite Amiga model?
rayzorblue 19:36 14th January 2007
For me thats easy it was definately the A500 mainly because it was the only amiga i have ever used lol always wanted to try the 1200 but never got a chance ;'(
[Reply]
J T 19:42 14th January 2007
Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
For me thats easy it was definately the A500 mainly because it was the only amiga i have ever used lol always wanted to try the 1200 but never got a chance ;'(
Pretty much exactly the same for me too. I used an A600 at a frinds house but that was it. The A600 was a neat looking machine, nice and compact. Would've loved an A1200 though but dodn't have the money for it then, and we switched to a PC during the Pentium phase for schoolwork (word,excel, powerpoint, encarta, printing stuff, and especially Championship Manager *ahem*).
[Reply]
Harrison 10:55 15th January 2007
Originally Posted by cicobuff:
Thanks for that info, but I really meant at the time way back in 1994-5 when I owned an A1200 I couldnt afford a 040 for it back then, or even did anyone port those games back then....I sold my A1200 and bought a 486 sx40 (later upgraded to a 486 dx80) and found that adequate for Doom II, Heretic and the like back then.
The Amiga ports were quite a bit later compared to the originals, that is true. Doom was one of the first though and was freeware, but required the original PC WAD from the game to run. I still remember feeling quite impressed getting Doom running on an A4000 at the time.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 22:36 15th January 2007
A4000 mmm, wanted one of those for a long time.
Not the same need when i bought the 060 and tower though.

@Cicobuff

If you get one of the Elbox fast interfaces, they support DVD burning.
Very handy for backing up your hd.

Don't knw about other makes.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up