Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Heath Ledger dies at 28
Sharingan 13:33 23rd January 2008
It's posted at CNN.

Wow, sure didn't expect this to happen. It appears his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight was his last. Shame ... he was a promising actor, and apparently his acting in the latest Batman film was superb.

R.I.P., and all the best to the child that he leaves behind.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:38 23rd January 2008
From what i've read he found the role as The Joker exceedingly distubing and lost a lot of sleep due to it and as he was found with what was possibly sleeping pills beside him it could be that the Joker helped with this horrible accident. Just hope his portrayal as the clown prince of crime is a fitting epitaph.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:10 23rd January 2008
It was sad news. I heard this on the lunchtime TV news and was a little surprised.

They initially mentioned the "pills" were found around the body, but the detective talking to the reporter after this said a bottle of sleeping pills were located near the body, but pills were not scattered around, as had previously been rumoured.

There was mention that he was taking the break up with it's daughter's mother last year very badly. Maybe that, mixed with his latest role was all just too much.
[Reply]
sarek2k 15:41 23rd January 2008
Sad indeed he will be much missed. Had he finished his role as the Joker for the new Batman film?

My fave movie with Heath Ledger still has to be A Knights Tale!
[Reply]
Buleste 15:45 23rd January 2008
As afr as i know Dark Knight was finished and just going through post production readying it for Summer release. I've seen a trailer and it looks good.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:25 23rd January 2008
Sad news indeed, I saw it today on TV.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up