Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Star Trek XI
Buleste 12:48 23rd January 2008
I know we have 11 months to wait but has anyone found a decent copy of the STXI teaser yet??? I saw it last night on Film 2008 but i want to see it again.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:51 23rd January 2008
I've not seen the trailer yet. Will have to track it down.

I'm questioning some of the casting decisions though. Winona Ryder as Spock's mother? Not sure about that one, but we will see. And I don't see Chris Pine as a good James T. Kirk. Karl Urban as Bones is another I need to see before being convinced. John Cho should be OK as Sulu, but Anton Yelchin as Chekov? Hmm...

At least now we know the real identity of our member Sarek! Ben Cross.

See the full cast here.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:01 23rd January 2008
Casting issues aside it looks like it's going to be a Marmite film. The Origins of the crew from ST:TOS is well known in book form and it looks like this film is going to completely rewrite those origins into a more Brennon Braga friendly Trek universe (One where you can't pick so many holes in Enterprise). But i still want to see it even if it's going to make the next series of Heroes a little more difficult (Is it Sylar or is it Spock? I'm confused).

Got it.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:04 23rd January 2008
I've found the trailer

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/38/4338/videos/
[Reply]
Buleste 13:04 23rd January 2008
I bet Simon Pegg had to change his underwear a few times when he found out he was playing Scotty. Probably a few times on set as well especially the first time he said "She canna take much more of this Cap'n"
[Reply]
Harrison 14:12 23rd January 2008
I am looking forward to seeing how he plays the part. His recent films have all been great, if more comic orientated.
[Reply]
sarek2k 16:03 23rd January 2008
Just one thing to say role on Xmas 2008

Originally Posted by :
At least now we know the real identity of our member Sarek! Ben Cross.
He's better looking than me

don't really know many of the Actors off hand but i'm sure we'll find out what they've been in etc even if i don't go looking! of course no intro needed for simon pegg.

another thing if they do the film and it's a success who of those actors is going to want to comeback to do more? like Winona Ryder etc
[Reply]
Harrison 16:22 23rd January 2008
That is true. A couple of the actors are already stars in their own right, so would they want to maintain a reoccurring role in a number of Star Trek films? It is great to guarantee a fan base and work for years to come, but equally I expect it could impact on the types of future work they might be offered. Winona Ryder for example has taken a very diverse range of roles over the years.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:33 23rd January 2008
But don't forget Winona Rider needs to keep working so she stays out of those shops. Remember Idle hands make light fingers.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:16 23rd January 2008
Very true!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up