Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Babylon 4 : The Minbari Project
Buleste 14:51 22nd January 2008
Just found out that there has been a new Freespace 2 game based on the Babylon 5 universe based around B4. Shadows, Vorlons, Minbari. 'Nuff Said. Download from here.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:07 22nd January 2008
Wow! Very nice find. I will have to try this out for sure.

For anyone interested, there are some screenshots and more information on the Minbari Project Forum pages here.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:16 22nd January 2008
I was just trying to check if TBP had anymore updates for mission packs but the Heat'em up site appears to be down. I was waiting for the Earth Minbari War. Shame.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:23 22nd January 2008
The thing that amazes me with Freespace 2 is that although the game is what 10 years old now? (I think if was released in 1998) It never actually looks that dated. OK the ship models are not on par with current cutting edge game graphics, but it still doesn't show its age.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:31 22nd January 2008
If you look at some of what they are doing with Beyond the Red Line it looks even better.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:37 22nd January 2008
Yes, I've been keeping an eye on that great project. It puts many more recent space games to shame.

For anyone who hasn't seen the Battlestar Galactica game yet have a look at the great Teaser trailer found here.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:43 22nd January 2008
Goes to show that you don't have to spend millions and hire lots of programmers to produce a top quality game. It may take a while for it to be released fully but it will no doubt show up major games companies.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:52 22nd January 2008
Biggest it might show up is the company who are making the official game!
[Reply]
Buleste 11:13 1st March 2008
Babylon 5 Heat Em Up is back online and can be found here. It looks like the Earth Minbari war project has gone but there are plenty more on going.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 3rd March 2008
Regarding BSG, have you read the reviews of the official game that has just been released? It has received really bad reviews with magazines scoring it in the low 30% and even 20% range. With the sound effect of gun fire described by PC Gamer as "hitting a plastic bucket with a wooden spoon". Oh dear! Best avoid that one and play Beyond the Red Line instead!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up