Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: Babylon 4 : The Minbari Project
Buleste 13:52 5th March 2008
I checked my speed using this page now obviosly the speed changes if you have any p2p programmes or firewalls but it does give you a good idea. Normally i wouldn't trust such sites but as it's not trying to sell me anything then i think it gives me a good idea as to speed. As for what the router says and reality, they are unfortunatly two different things and i don't know any other way of changing them.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:24 5th March 2008
I just tried that speed check you linked to and it stated that my connection will allow me to download at 508.53KB/sec, but in reality my line will only support 270KB/sec and I know that is a fact. So not sure where it got the 3.97 Mbps info it is displaying from.

I've found quite an accurate speed tester is http://www.speedtest.net/ based on my own speed tests compared to it's reports.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:50 5th March 2008
according to speed test my download can be either 2776kb/s or 5614kb/s which obviously is due to traffic but as my hub reports 8124kb/s at all times i tend to ignore that. besides i run two AV programmes which does slow down things a little but the way i see it is If i didn't want to get the GF pregnant then i have a choice of the pill, condoms or both and both works best. Either way back on topic. TMP downloads are down but it looks like a new version will be released soon.
[Reply]
Buleste 22:31 5th March 2008
Just found a vid of Capital Ships battling for BtRL. Boy does it look good.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:42 5th March 2008
Oh yeah, that video is good. If you go to the official BtRL site they have higher quality videos of that and other sequences. They look really good and I can't wait for the final version to be releases. Should be brilliant.
[Reply]
Buleste 22:51 5th March 2008
The problem is as BtRL is a fan product and the series is still going on it'll not be finished for a looooooooonngggg time. I've noticed this with a lot of fan stuff. They cannot stop tinkering until it is perfect and being as life isn't perfect these things are never finished. TBP is finished only in the sense that the game engine is finished and only then because the main guy seems to have gotten sick of it ruling his life but there are still people out there who are trying to add a mod to include all 5 seasons and their battles. Then they'll go onto Crusade and then onto Lost Tales. And then probably someone will go back and update the engine and it'll start all over again.
Still it'll be nice to have a full campain with BtRL and kick some Cylon butt.
[Reply]
Asprin 12:52 21st March 2008
Hello!

Originally Posted by :
Just found out that there has been a new Freespace 2 game based on the Babylon 5 universe based around B4. Shadows, Vorlons, Minbari.
The B4: Minbari Project update has been released. Information and download are available here.

Some screenshots.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:07 21st March 2008
Thank you for the info and links Asprin. And welcome to classicamiga.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:34 21st March 2008
@Asprin
Thanks for the Heads Up but mast of all thanks for all your work on the game. BTW do you have anything to do with TBP and the Heat em Up site?
[Reply]
Buleste 14:02 22nd March 2008
TBP final final release is immenent. They are just looking for someone to host the file.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up