Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Amiga Future
burns flipper 10:24 2nd September 2009
Code Name Hell Squad is free on the CD of Amiga Future 80!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:35 13th September 2009
It sure is. Great game and great mag!

Btw.. Maybe we could pool some cash and put in an advert for Classicamiga.com in the mag?
[Reply]
Harrison 19:21 13th September 2009
It would be great to get an advert for CA into the magazine, and anywhere else we could think of. However I have a few plans for the site before we do consider an advert.

BTW, did you know that Andreas Magerl of Amiga Future pays to advertise on CA on the main site home page, plus a news item for each new issue. Not too much, but it helps go towards the monthly server costs a bit.

I am also in regular contact with Andreas Magerl and he was telling me the other day that sales of the English edition of AF are not that great compared to the German version of the magazine. To the point that in the future he may consider canceling the English version of the magazine. If this happened it would be very sad for us.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 10:29 14th September 2009
Oh really?

I really hope that doesn't happen that would mean there would be no English-language Amiga magazine left (as far as I am aware). It would be a great shame.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 19:51 15th September 2009
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey:
Oh really?

I really hope that doesn't happen that would mean there would be no English-language Amiga magazine left (as far as I am aware). It would be a great shame.
A great shame indeed. I challenge other Amiga freaks to subscribe to Amiga Future. It's not very expensive and you'll be supporting the last English-language mag left. Besides, it's a great read! Come on guys, you know you can do it!
[Reply]
Ghost 22:54 16th September 2009
Its well intended but I mostly by computer magazines for game news, previews and reviews, not technical facts.
And face it, barely anyone develops games these days anymore for Amigas, even those well intended teams who appeared last year haven't updated their sites in months.
[Reply]
demusse 15:34 17th September 2009
I buy the mag one at the time. Back in the day i used to buy CU and became a subsciber, same with Amiga Format an Amiga Active. Each time after a few months the mags got cancelled...and all i got was a refund, some issues of Linux Format and Digital...

So i'm a bit hesitant to subscribe again!

About the mag... it's ok but if you remember the glossy and abundant lay-out of the old mags you will be disappointed though...

If they cancel the english version of Amiga Future i will buy the german issue... we belgians are polyglots

There are plenty of sites still dedicated to the wonderfull Amiga so i won't miss a mag to much, i guess.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:45 17th September 2009
I never subscribed to any of the Amiga magazines. Instead buying them from the news agents each month. It was nice to be in the shop and look through the many Amiga publications that existed at the time and pick a couple to buy. It was quite an expensive hobby even from the magazine side of things for me as each month I would normally buy Amiga Format, Cu Amiga, Amiga Computing and AUi. With AUi and Cu Amiga being my 2 favourites. And quite often I would end up buying others as well such as Amiga Action, Amiga Power, Edge, Games Master... and many more.
[Reply]
Phantom 15:12 10th April 2010
Just to clarify something. Amiga Future is doing well, even in sales, even in English version (not what Andreas wanted though, but not entirely so bad as it looks), so there's no reason to afraid of cutting the English version of the magazine for the time being.

It's really good to subscribe to the only english printed Amiga magazine nowadays, it will help everybody to move forward and see a better and more colorful(?) magazine in the future (that's hard to achieve, but you never know).

I don't want to hear it's expensive; yes it's expensive compared to other magazines, but I've seen people spending a lot of euros purchasing 15yrs-old hardware for their Amiga computers, so 60 euros for an annual subscription to the only Amiga printed magazine isn't so bad, innit?

And yes, Graham reviews are really nice, you HAVE to read them in every issue.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 21:29 10th April 2010
Thanks for the comments Phantom (and no I didn't pay him for it)

I've got two more reviews coming up but sadly I appeared to have just missed the deadline for the next issue (due to being unwell I didn't get them done when I intended to) so I won't be in the next issue at all which is a little frustrating.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up