Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Buying from Apple
Stephen Coates 17:52 15th January 2007
I actually profited there. Only by £5 but it does mean that if I get a G3 processor for it for something like £10 (they arn't expensive), I have literally got the entire machine for £5 .

I wanted the money to go towards other stuff like a PowerBook and some amiga stuff .
[Reply]
Harrison 21:08 15th January 2007
Whilst it is cool ending up only having paid £5 for a complete system, it is a little sad at the same time that you ended up reducing the speed of the system so much just to make a few pounds.

Although, I fully support the sale of old Mac hardware to fund Amiga purchases.

What Powerbook are you getting?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:08 16th January 2007
I'm not all that bothered about reducing the speed of it. I don;t use it as my main computer any more. (My main intention for it was to use it as my main computer for a while to see how good it was compared to other machines).

I have bought a powerbook G3 'WallStreet'. I'm not saying anythingmore about it until I get it.

Oh, and I bought a Presario 1615 laptop as well. Thats the same one as the one I was always having problems with a while back. (In case you're wondering why, I want to try Windows XP on it mainly).
[Reply]
Harrison 15:33 16th January 2007
Lets hope your new Presario laptop works. Was it a good price? Was the powermac a good price?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:53 16th January 2007
Got the presario for £5.50 + £5 postage.

I probably wouldn;t have bothered with it if it was more.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:32 16th January 2007
Well you can't really go wrong at those sort of prices.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 17:53 16th January 2007
What is the spec for the presario?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:43 16th January 2007
150MHz Pentium MMX
Not sure about Memory but I have some which I can use if it doesn't come with any
12" crappy dual scan screen. Hopefully though this new one will be better than mine as it isn;t scratched.
Floppy/CDROM
Doesn't include HD but I'll have a spare one somewhere
Graphics card is a NeoMagic MagicGraph 128XD.
2x USB ports/Parrallel/Serial/Port Replicator port/VGA/v.90 modem/2xCardbus/PS/2
[Reply]
J T 18:47 16th January 2007
You're going to run XP on that? As a project I take it, not as a machine for day to day usage?

Still, a fiver is a decent price for that. Even woth shipping being practically 50% of the cost.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 20:22 16th January 2007
Originally Posted by J T:
You're going to run XP on that? As a project I take it, not as a machine for day to day usage?
Guess. Is it likely I'd want to run XP on anything for more than a project?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up