Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: CAD Software
Stephen Coates 20:12 24th January 2008
Not sure about cycas.key but it probably has as it seems to work now.

I managed to load up XCAD. For some reason the highres version just crashed the computer. Lowres seemed fine though.

I really could do with some documentation to get a better idea of how to get started with using XCAD though. Cycas comes with a tutorial in hTML format so I will have a look at that soon.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 22:12 24th January 2008
Just had a go with XCAD in WinUAE. Looks a bit tricky to use. I will definately need some documentation for it.

Has anyone heard of AmiCAD? I know it exists but I can't find out much about it. As far I am aware it can be used for drawing circuits diagrams.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:01 25th January 2008
Aminet has an os4 version and an update for 2.12 for os3 but you need 2.10 before you can update. I have found a spanish Web page with 2.10 on (here) but haven't tried Amicad yet so don't know what language it's in.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:28 28th January 2008
If you're interested in PCB designers for the amiga try amipcb. Again not tested it so don't know what it's like but it's there if you want it.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:03 28th January 2008
I tried to use AmiPCB about a year ago. Couldn't get it to start. Not sure if it was PPC only. I'm sure it failed to start in the same way that AmiCAD does.
[Reply]
Buleste 13:42 28th January 2008
Theres two versions of Amipcb on aminet a OS4 versiona dn the one i've linked to which should work on a 1200.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:07 31st January 2008
Just imagine if Joseph Cyril Bamford built PCs...

You could have a JCB PC PCB with AMD PCU with USB armed with ICB and ECM
[Reply]
Buleste 09:02 1st February 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Just imagine if Joseph Cyril Bamford built PCs...

You could have a JCB PC PCB with AMD PCU with USB armed with ICB and ECM
Wouldn't that be JCB PC PCB with AMD CPU with USB armed with ICB and ECM with a 700W PSU
Besides JCB stands for Japanese Coal Board (I should know i live near them).
[Reply]
the_seer 10:34 7th February 2008
A powerful 2D/3D CAD package was DynaCADD. A demo version can be found on Fish Disks #603, 604, 605 on Aminet.
There also was MaxonCAD, but I don't know if it was German only.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 11:39 7th February 2008
Used Autocad quite a bit in the past in work.
Wouldn't mind playing around with an Amiga CAD package just to keep my hand in so to speak.

Has anyone tried a few of the above listed and would recommend one above the others?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up