Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: CAD Software
Buleste 18:12 18th January 2008
Just checked on 'tinternet and XCAD designer is on CU Amiga disk 96. Click here and goto coverdisk 96 and download. Don't know if it's the final version though. Also XCAD 2000 is on Amiga magazine disk 144.

Scratch that XCAD 2000 is on CU Amiga coverdisk 144 and can be DL'd from same link as XCAD designer.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:44 18th January 2008
Here are the two Cu Amiga coverdisks with X-Cad included. Enjoy.
Attached: cu_1994_12_d096.zip (813.8 KB) cu_1996_11_d144.zip (717.3 KB)
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 22:06 18th January 2008
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I have absolutly no experiance with CAD software but i've DL'd and installed and it seems fast and is a typical Amiga programme in that it does what it says on the tin but doesn't have any flashy bits like other systems have.
I just downloaded it to my A1200 and it installs and loads up fine, but it then asks me for a serial number. I guess that the serial number is the one in the readme file (548200795), but when I type it in and press OK, it just quits. Am I missing something?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:52 18th January 2008
There is no mention of a serial in the magazine's disk pages describing how to install the program.

Have you tried both disks?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:30 19th January 2008
I waas on about Cycas which i downloaded using Buleste's link. That's the one which needs the serial number.

Not tried XCAD but will shortly
[Reply]
Buleste 10:39 19th January 2008
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I have absolutly no experiance with CAD software but i've DL'd and installed and it seems fast and is a typical Amiga programme in that it does what it says on the tin but doesn't have any flashy bits like other systems have.
I just downloaded it to my A1200 and it installs and loads up fine, but it then asks me for a serial number. I guess that the serial number is the one in the readme file (548200795), but when I type it in and press OK, it just quits. Am I missing something?
Thats how it registers. It doesn't tell you that it's worked but it should have. (At least i think it did because thats exactly what happened with mine.

Originally Posted by Harrison:
There is no mention of a serial in the magazine's disk pages describing how to install the program.

Have you tried both disks?
What did i tell you earlier. READ the posts before posting. Go stand in the corner.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:03 19th January 2008
It just quits, then when I load it up again it asks me for the registration number again, so if I enter it again it wil just quit, etc.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:10 19th January 2008
Strange. Did you enter your name in as well???
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:30 19th January 2008
Yes. I also tried putting Stephen Coates in the first name box, and even put something in the second box.

It works now. I think it had something to do with me not clicking out of the serial number box.
[Reply]
Buleste 11:38 19th January 2008
Has the cycas.key file been created in the drawer?? If not i'll email you mine and hopefully that should work.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up